My Boys - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mrowe8, May 21, 2009.

1. mrowe8

mrowe8 "Too Slow - Chuck No

Dec 29, 2004

Advertisements

So I saw a commercial for this on my Frontier flight the other day. It was part of the pre flight Directv promotion on the little tvs in front of you. This show looked very funny and somehow I had never heard of it. I set it up to record when I got back to town. The first episode I saw was last weeks about Facebook friends. That was some good t.v. How long has this show been on? What are others consensus for this show?

2. BK89

BK89 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    It's OK - a little cutesy for my taste but if nothing else is on I will watch it (it did fall off my Season pass list though after season 1). I think this is maybe the third season (or maybe only second) but they are short seasons I think.

My only complaint is that they seem to under use Jim Gaffigan - they never write him any funny parts. He is always so serious in this role. The man is hilarious! :p

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    They lost me this season. Too much about relationships.
    And I agree, Jim is severly under-utilized

4. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Still enjoying the show. I was surprised to see how well the last episode "got" Twitter and Facebook. So many other shows exhibit such abysmal ignorance about the Internet that it's nice when a show gets it right.

5. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...

Advertisements

Is it good, meh. Regardless, Jordana Spiro is nice to look at.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I enjoy the show---watch every week.

7. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    I watched about 6 episodes of this show last season. Although I love Jim Gaffigan, I don't think I laughed once in all the episodes I saw.

8. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    The show is amusing, but seriously? 6 episodes makes a season?

9. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I think this show keeps getting better. Our little diamond in the rough.

10. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Yep, it's growing on me. I wasn't expecting last episode's ending.

11. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    lalalallalalalaal, haven't seen it yet.

12. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Amen. Cuter than a speckled pup. ;)

13. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003
    Need to remember to pad the recording times. Comcast DVR quits before the show is over. I used to work at Wrigley so this show brings back some memories.

14. Alpinemaps

Alpinemaps New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Love this show. It's one of our favorites. We actually laugh out loud quite a few times. Yes, Jim is under-utilized, but, a little goes a long way, too.

The characters seem a little more 'real' than some other sitcoms. I think it's the relaxed feel of the show, and the banter that goes on between them sometimes. Even just one or two sentences when another show might have silence, seem great.

15. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I've never heard of this one... I just set up a SP and there were no conflicts, so I thought I'd give it a try. Thanks for the tip. :)

16. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    The episode
    a year or so back when they surprised Andy with visit of Wrigley Field... RIGHT ON THE FIELD...
    gave me chills; it just captured the feel and spirit of local Cub fans. I was almost as caught up in the moment as their characters.

Jim Gaffigan is local to the metro Chicago area: he grew up in Northwest Indiana, just about an hour or so from da city, and went to high school in LaPorte, Indiana. I've seen him wear a sweatshirt from his old high school on the show--a very subtle shout-out, but it was there.

I really enjoy the show, enjoy it a lot. The dialog is clever, and the relationships are actually pleasant and enjoyable. You can understand why this crew gets together: they like each other and really have fun together.

17. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I just started watching this the past four weeks or so, and one reason I DO like it is because it's set in Chicago. I grew up in the western suburbs.
    No, they don't.
    Season 1 = 22 eps
    Season 2 = 9 eps
    Season 3 = 9 eps

18. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    BTW, mrowe8, excellent thread title. That way everyone knows that specific eps are NOT to be discussed (unless spoilerized).

19. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Really? I thought it was pretty obvious with them always bickering back and forth that it was all just a front for the gang.

20. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Well, sure, especially

since last season's finale had Stephanie and Kennie sleeping together, and occasionally saying something almost nice to one another...