My Book AV - E-SATA Cable Options

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ghuido, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007

Advertisements

This may have been asked and answered but I searched and could not find so excuse the repost if it happened.

Recently My Old 500GB My Book DVR died. I divorced it from the TIVO HD and all my problems went away.

I recently bought a new 1TB My Book AV.

I was wondering if the supplied E-SATA CAble is the best or only cable to use. Has any one tried a 3rd party cable and is it even recommended?

Thanks

2. brshoemak

brshoemak Member

Nov 27, 2010
    It doesn't make any difference which eSATA cable you use - if you want a longer or shorter cable, different color, you can get whatever floats your boat.

3. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007
    Okay. Thanks.

4. tunarollz

tunarollz Jon at TiVo

Jun 1, 2011
    Sunnyvale, CA
    There used to be a few sata cables on amazon that people were recommending for use with the early model tivo expander drives. Might be worth a look.

5. jtrain

jtrain New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Beaverton, OR

Advertisements

The one recommended early on was this one, i believe...

http://www.amazon.com/SIIG-CB-SA011...QU0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307054591&sr=8-1

It's the one I purchased when i bought my Antec MX-1 Enclosure for adding to my S3 (OLED).

6. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I believe the eSATA cable problems were with the original Series 3 648 w/OLED, at least with the previous WD DVR expander. I don't know if the eSATA cable included with the latest gen WD DVR Expander has an issue with the S3 648. I have the latest DVR Expander and I may attach it to my S3 648. Haven't decided, yet.