MVR Anyone else having this issue?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jamesweber, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jamesweber

jamesweber New Member

Oct 24, 2007

Advertisements

I have recently noticed that my bedroom DVR is no longer showing on my livingroom DVR. However, the livingroom DVR shows up on the bedroom DVR without issues.

I thought a restart on the livingroom may help so I did that, The beedroom DVR showed up for a an hour or so but when I looked for it again it was gone.

Anyone else having this issue? Any word what is causing it or if it will be fixed?

Livingroom TiVoHD, Bedroom TiVo S3

Thanks

2. spolebitski

spolebitski Member

Mar 30, 2006
    I called tivo about transferring anything from a tivohd to a series 2 ... after 2 phone calls I was told that this is an issue with the tuning adapter attached to the unit. They are working on the problem. I'm not sure if this was the answer or just a way to get me off the phone.

3. yjr

yjr New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    You are not alone.
    I have the same kind of issue(I don't know when it started). I have a Tivo HD and a Tivo S2, the HD NPL don't show the S2, The S2 NPL shows the HD. Both Tivos are Wired ethernet and are assigned a static IPs. Refreshing the network IP on the HD fixes the issue temporarily. other than that I didn't try anything else. If you do a search on tivocommunity.com forums you will find more threads on this issue with suggestions on how to resolve(?) it(don't seem to be *one* fix that will work for everybody) .
    JerryR