Music from Tivo To Go

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by goodnor, Jan 29, 2006.

1. goodnor

goodnor New Member

Jan 29, 2006

Advertisements

I transferred a music TV program to my computer using Tivo 2 Go. Worked great, but after watching it, I only want to listen to the music.

Therefore, how do I play the .tivo file on my Creative Labs Jukebox (supports mp3's and other music files)?

I don't want to do anything illegal, just listen to the program when exercising/jogging.

Thanks,
    RG

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    You'd have to get some software that can strip the audio out of the file and save it by itself.

3. Impulses

Impulses New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Puerto Rico
    Yeah, it's not gonna be a simple (or at 'least intuitive) process... As far as TiVo or most programs on your PC are concerned, what you have is a video file (because it is), you're gonna have to find something that does what mega describes. The qualit and simplicity of that process will depend on the program and it's method.

4. The.Mayor

The.Mayor From Alabama

Oct 25, 2005
    Brainy Boro, NJ
    I have done what you want. It has been a while. But I recall are 2 shareware or perhaps freeware aqpps that may help.

1 is Tune Transfer and the other is named Audio Room. If you go to tucows.com or filehippo.com or some other shareware sites, I think you will find what you want.

Good luck.

John :)

5. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002

Advertisements

The newest Version of VideoRedo works directly with .tivo files. You can take the show, edit it (or not) and output the audio and video to two seperate files. The non-DVD TiVoes record in mp2 audio, and I have had success simply renaming the audio file to a .mp3.

6. theandrews

theandrews New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Allentown, Pa
    Is it possible to burn to cd the audio portion of a particular program? My wife loves a song you can not get on CD from Tim McGraw that was Tivo'd. I tried the VideoReDo suggestion and was able to edit down to just that song in video format however I am not able to save it to an audio format that can be burnt to CD for her to take to work and listen. Thankx 4 any suggestions or help.

PS - Tune Transfer and the other is named Audio Room are not available on TuCows. I did a Google search and Tune Transfer comes up as a software package to copy iPod files and costs $19.99.

7. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    If you use VideoRedo as described above to create an audio and video file. And then rename the audio file as an mp3. You should be able to use itunes or your jukebox software to burn it to a standard CD. Lots of steps, but it should be possible.

CuriousMark

8. Feb 1, 2007 #8 of 12
    theandrews

theandrews New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Allentown, Pa
    Renaming the .ac3 file to a .mp3 but it will not allow it to be burnt to a cd using WMP. Comes up as an ivalid file format and says it's too large to burn to disk. And yes, I renamed just the audio file. Size approx 5mb. Still open for suggestions.

9. Feb 1, 2007 #9 of 12
    CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Sorry, I thought it was an mp2, not AC-3. You are right, that takes special software to convert to WAV. ACID might be able to do it.

CuriousMark

10. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    There is a freeware app called BeSweet UI that can convert AC3 to a WAV file pretty simply. In fact it can transcode between a lot of different formats. It's not the most intuitive program, but if you use the Wizard and stick with all the default settings you should be fine.

Dan

11. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Actually I just tried it and there is a way to do this all from VideoReDo. In the Save Video dialog there is an Options button. If you click on that you can change the audio encoding to LPCM/WAV. Do that and change the output type to Elementry Streams and you'll end up with a WAV file which you can use in any CD authoring program.

Dan

12. theandrews

theandrews New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Allentown, Pa
    Hate to use the old cliche but I must...."Dan, U DA MAN"!!! My wife is beyond excited, thank you sir for finding and explaining in simple to understand terms how to accomplish the feat. You are truely a welcome help. Have an AWESOME weekend!!!

Chuck