Music Choice Audio Drops out?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by adrianblack, Aug 3, 2007.

1. adrianblack

adrianblack Gearhead

Jul 2, 2000
    West...
    Hey guys -- I picked up a new Tivo HD last Monday. I noticed that the Music Choice channels had audio problems -- usually a quick drop out every 3-5 seconds. I chalked it up to lack of cable cards...

Today I just had my cable cards installed (relatively painless w/ time warner and motorola SCards) and I just noticed the audio problem still exists on the Music Choice channels. It seemed better at first but after 30 seconds on a channel it starts doing it.

Video appears fine on the MC channels -- and as far as I can tell all the other digital channels are working perfectly. (No audio problems.) I am using the analog output of the Tivo at the moment.

Has anyone seen this before?

I searched the forums but couldn't find anyone else talking about this kind of problem.

My Sony KD-34XBR960 works perfectly with the MC channels (QAM in the clear) and so does the cable box I have from Time Warner. (Which I just got rid of.)

I'm bummed because I listen to the channels a lot....

Thanks!

2. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA
    Is there any way for you to try it over a digital connection? That's how I listen to the music choice channels on RCN and I don't recall ever hearing a drop out.

Also, what happens if you pause it (assuming Tivo lets you pause) and resume? Do the dropouts still occur?

3. adrianblack

adrianblack Gearhead

Jul 2, 2000
    West...
    Digital as in optical connection? That's how I have it connected now in my living room and it's cutting out. I had it on analog R/L RCA in the bedroom and it was doing it there.

Sometimes the Music Choice channels work pretty well .. other times they drop out badly. (Like I described in the first post.)

Of course, I'm also getting the random pixelization and random audio drop outs on all the other channels too ..... as many people are experiencing.

4. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA
    Oh, well then apparently it's not a Music Choice channel issue. Sorry to hear about your issues, I haven't been following that problem.

5. adrianblack

adrianblack Gearhead

Jul 2, 2000
    West...
    If Tivo fixes the pixelization and random audio drop outs on other channels, I'll be happy with that even if Music Choice never works right. I can just listen to them on my TV's built in tuner when needed.