Music based TV shows

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by grant33, Mar 28, 2011.

1. grant33

grant33 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Manassas, VA
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know a good way to find TV shows with and about music. For instance, I turned on the TV tonight and it happened to be on a show called "All Together Now: A Celebration of Service". A big part of it was country music performers including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, and Reba. I wouldn't have known about this if I hadn't stumbled on it. It had a couple of interesting performances you wouldn't find anywhere else, like Underwood covering John Lennon's "Instant Karma" and Garth doing "Lean On Me". I find that these types of shows often have performances like this. I always look at who is on the late night and daytime talk shows and I look for Crossroads, Austin City Limits, and even Unplugged. Can anyone name any other shows like those three and/or tell me where I might be able to find out about shows with musical performances so I don't miss them in the future?

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Depending on the channels you receive I might set up some simple keyword searches and check through them often. Terms as broad as "music" and "singer" might get you too many results, but they would for sure catch things going by.
    Especially if you get channels like Palladia, Ovation, Country Music Television, local PBS, and Fuse. DirecTv 101 offers a lot of this type stuff as well.

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    There's a great new show on PBS for the last year or two called "Live from the Artists Den". "Soundstage" is still on there, too, although I don't feel it's as good as it used to be. These are single-artist shows, though; perhaps not what you're looking for?

You can make a Wishlist -- Category: Arts: Music -- although that's way too broad for most purposes.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    create auto recording wishlists for each performer you like.

I do that, and it works pretty well, except for ones like 'pink' (a lot of false hits).

5. Wilhite

Wilhite ...no stinkin' title

Oct 26, 2003
    You might be interested in a web only show from Daryl Hall:

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

40 episodes so far...

6. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Let me know if you find Cop Rock!