Music and Photo Menu Choice Is Gone

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jsmith88, Nov 12, 2017.

1. jsmith88

jsmith88 New Member

Nov 12, 2017

Advertisements

My Tivo updated and now I no longer have Music and Photo option. Where'd it go?? I was not given a choice to update or not, it just updated and I no longer can access the Mp3s on my computer. This was one of the reasons I kept using Tivo and I am very unhappy. Now there seems no other reason to continue using Tivo when I can get it from my cable provider.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    What hardware? What were upgraded from and what were you upgraded to. (Excuse my sentence structure)

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Do you have Tivo Desktop (or PyTivo) running on your computer?

4. jsmith88

jsmith88 New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    It is a Series 4. I'm not sure of the software version.

5. jsmith88

jsmith88 New Member

Nov 12, 2017

Advertisements

I have been using Tivo Desktop. I had called support and they said the option of viewing music and photos is no longer available.

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    That is because Tivo Desktop is no longer supported, but it should still work. You may need to restart the Tivo desktop server, and/or the Tivo itself.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  7. jsmith88

jsmith88 New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Well that just sucks. I tried restarting the desktop but not Tivo itself. Thank you so much for your reply. I wish TIVO had given me a choice.

8. jsmith88

jsmith88 New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    I wish they had given us a choice if we wanted to update. Thanks for your reply.

9. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Check what version you are running as unless you upgraded to the new Hydra interface (which is very different from the traditional HD interface so you would know it and you have to opt in to that upgrade or purchase a VOX remote and update). They did move Music and Photos under Apps with the last 20.7.4 update though and as it should work unless you have a Roamio (bug that came back with 20.7.2).

Scott