1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murphy Brown season 1 episode 3 10/11/2018

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Oct 12, 2018.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I thought that was a really good episode portraying the basics of #metoo. From Miles being attracted to a subordinate to Corkey telling all of the times she's been harassed to Frank getting zapped for creeping and to Murphy sharing what happened when she was 19, it was all very realistic. I really liked the convo between Murphy and Phyllis and them talking about how it was a different (not better) time.

NOTE: I originally posted this in the episode 2 thread and I again apologize for that.

tim1724 likes this.
  2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The one thing that surprised me was, the episode didn't end with Murphy's phone ringing and the call being from the professor's assistant. Why do I have the feeling she's going to show up again this season?

3. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    As a bad secretary?

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    The secretary thing has gotten old IMO. Maybe she could be a good secretary and become a real assistant (helping with stories, etc.)?

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I liked this episode. At first I thought it was going to be way too "political" (can't think of a better term). Basically, at first it seemed like it was just "older guy interested in younger woman". Then later they went into way more detail, and he was a bad guy..

Though on the other side, Murphy gave the current assistant her card, but didn't warn her/try to get her to quit or anything. So it didn't seem to be Weinstein-like.

tim1724 likes this.
  6. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    This episode was awful. Terribly written, terribly acted.

7. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I thought that they'd make some joke in this episode about how Miles and Corky used to be married but I guess that they've decided that it never happened.

8. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Boy, I didn't recall that at all, or that the Miles character left the series 2 seasons before the series ended. Were Miles and Corky still married at the end?

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I missed a number of episodes in the final season (it was pre TiVo) but I do recall a throw away line by Corky on how she was working on her second divorce now that she and Miles were no longer together.

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought this episode was much better and more in the spirit of the original series. This one "felt" like a Murphy Brown to me. Yeah, the acting still needs some work, but I thought the writing was much better.

mattack likes this.