Multiswitch Question

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Boston Fan, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA
    I read through all of the stickies and other info I could find on multiswitches, and thought I understood it - but maybe not.

I have a triple LNB with all four lines coming from the dish accounted for. I am adding a DVR, and moving the existing box to a new location, meaining that I will need a total of 6 lines from the dish. As I understood it, I believed that I would be needing a 4x8 multiswitch put in by the installer (as I thought all four lines from the dish would need to go into the multiswitch). D* CSR just told me that the order shows a 3x4 multi switch --- is this correct?

If it is that's fine, I just want to make sure I know what I am talking about when the installer gets here.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    To get all three satellites on the new box, you need a 4x8 multiswitch. Connecting a 3x4 to two lines from the dish will only give you the 101 sat.

Call DirecTV and explain that a 3x4 won't work. If that doesn't work, ask for the next level up supervisor until they get the message.

3. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA
    Thanks!

4. or270

or270 New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Modoc...

I think Directv work orders default with a 3x4, I needed a another 4x8 and the installer installed it with no problem even my work order called for a 3x4.