Multiswitch for new 5 lnb dish

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by andbye, Feb 3, 2006.

1. andbye

andbye New Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Sacramento
    Is the Zinwell WB 6x8 multiswitch powered?

2. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Zinwell SAM-6802 and Zinwell WB68 are passive, powered only by the connected satellite receivers.

3. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    One of the things I did was....

Took my existing powered multiswitch array (splitter->2 JVI switches), and connected it to the Zinwell (4 of the outputs).

That pretty much ensured that the Zinwell had enough power to send the proper signals back the 60ft to the dish. Works great.

NOTE: My H20 is connected directly to the Zinwell as it is the only reciever I current have that requires the extra two SAT feeds. All the others are connected to the original switch array.

4. andbye

andbye New Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Sacramento
    Thanks for the replies. I don't have enough tech know-how to understand Earl's. Is the Sam 6802 also compatible with the 5 Lnb dish for use with an H20? I don't have any splitters; my CM4221 OTA antenna is connected directly to my HD Tivos.
    I currently have two triple Lnb dishes mounted with one feeding two lines to an HR10-250 and the other going thru a Zinwell 4803 to feed 8 lines to another HR 10-250 and 3 d-tivos. Set up this way because the installer either didn't have the equipment of didn't know how to cascade. I am hoping to replace this with a single 5 lnb dish with two cascadible multiswitches when the MPEG 4 roll-out comes to Sacramento and the new DVR becomes available. Will this work okay?

5. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    Yes. It will work fine.