multiple tuners

Discussion in 'TiVo NZ/Australia' started by frozzbite, Mar 13, 2010.

1. frozzbite

frozzbite New Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Australia
    In Australia,can we buy any DVRS/PVRS or TV's with multiple tuners.(more than 2)
    I would really like to have the ability to record more than just 2 channels.
    I have a setup that allows me to also record a 3rd channel on my LG Recorder while watching a 4th one,and I still find that occasionally I will miss out on recording something if it is on at the same time.

2. petestrash

petestrash New Member

Mar 7, 2004
    Perth,...
    Is this just a comment or do you have a question about this?

The Current TiVo HD can only record 2 stations at once. Since the TiVo has 2 tuners, most of us suspect that the TiVo should be able to at least record other streams from the same multiplex eg be able to record 7 & 72 using only 1 tuner. Hybrid have to pay TiVo Inc for all software development. They do not appear to consider this an issue as it is easily solved by buying another TiVo.

Peter.

3. alan.cramer

alan.cramer Australian TiVo User

Feb 22, 2006
    Australia
    Whilst it seems theoretically possible to do, I don't think the series 3 hardware had the power under the hood to do this with both tuners at the same time (recording 2 or 3 streams per tuner). If we see Series 4 based hardware in the future, we would probably have a better chance at seeing this feature developed, especially as the TV networks prep launching their 3rd channels...