Multiple problems with Bolt Vox and Minis...cable card, etc.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MarianL, May 22, 2020.

1. MarianL

MarianL Member

Feb 19, 2019
    A few days ago the utility company came out and switched out my meter without letting me know it was happening. At first there didn’t seem to be anything unusual, I could watch live tv, etc. Then later I found my Mini in the kitchen was no longer connected to the network. I checked the other Minis in the house...same thing. So I rebooted my modem, router, Bolt Vox, and Minis in order. After that I lost live TV and the ability to watch apps though I could still watch recorded shows. Tivo CS told me to check the cable card and have Spectrum resend the signal. When I went to cable card decoder it first showed no cable card. I slid it out and reinserted it and it was recognized. Still no live tv. I called Spectrum and they tried to send the signal but that didn’t work. They are sending me a new card.

I think the main issue is the network connection problem. When I try to reset the service connection it fails. When I go to more information that tells me that there is a problem with my wireless connection, error code C227.

In addition to the Bolt Vox, I have an older Bolt, the original white one, and it is working fine. I have pointed the two Minis to that and they are fine but the Bolt Vox still is a problem. Got any solutions for me?

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Try hooking the Vox to your router with Ethernet rather than wireless and do a couple of service connections and see if it goes back to work.

3. MarianL

MarianL Member

Feb 19, 2019
    Thank you. That seems to be working. At least I got beyond the first step. It’s now on loading info. Anything to do after that is finished?

4. MarianL

MarianL Member

Feb 19, 2019
    I made it through the service connection successfully. It now says my network setting is MoCa + Ethernet. Is that okay? I think I will need the Moca for the Minis, right?

Still no Live TV but the apps work now.

5. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Do you have a ethernet cable connected to it?

6. MarianL

MarianL Member

Feb 19, 2019
    Yes. I had to move one of my wifi mesh points closer and ran the cable from that. It seemed to work.

7. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    You only want one Tivo with Moca + internet as that is a bridge from moca to internet. With two bridges active they step on each other and you have one already or the minis would not see the other bolt so set the new one to internet only as you have it connected vie Ethernet.

8. MarianL

MarianL Member

Feb 19, 2019
    One is MoCa only and now the main one is MoCa + Ethernet. Will that be a problem? I only have one bridge at the main router. The Ethernet actually comes from a mesh point (Google wifi) that I moved a few days ago.

I still don’t have the cable card working in the Bolt Vox yet. New card hasn’t arrived and I’ve been putting off calling them until after the holiday weekend.

Last edited: May 25, 2020