Multiple OTA markets with one antenna.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Dennis Laslo, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dennis Laslo

Dennis Laslo New Member

Aug 9, 2018
    My antenna pulls in stations from two directions (some stations north north and all stations south) and when my TV scans - it recognizes all stations and lists them in the guide. Some of my neighbors have combined two antennas with a reverse splitter and get all north and south stations crystal clear with only one cable to the TV.

Strangely, when I use a phone app like TV Guide or on-line sites like antennaweb.org when I type in my Zip - I get only the North city even though the South city is much closer (20 miles closer).

I am ready to pull the trigger on a Roamio OTA but have gotten mixed answers to how Tivo handles more than one local market availability. My TVs (Samsung and LG) don't care...they list them all regardless of the city.

Has anyone had experience with two OTA local markets? Does Tivo allow both?

2. Random User 7

Random User 7 Incognito

Oct 19, 2014
    Yes it works fine, I suggest choosing a channel when setting up recordings though.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just a word or two: the channel lineup shown by tvguide.com is the same as used by TiVo. Your zipcode determines your DMA (Media market - Wikipedia). A channel scan will pickup those other channels, but you may need to have TiVo add them to get listing information. Some have had luck using a zipcode closer to the middle.

To see TiVo's lineup, use TiVo Online. Select Guide, then enter your zipcode and OTA. (Don't login). http://online.tivo.com/start/