1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple devices not connecting to TiVo service

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Roland Ratliff, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Roland Ratliff

Roland Ratliff New Member

Jun 15, 2018
    This is an interesting one. We have been with TiVo since 2003 and have had a lot of boxes over the years. We started this adventure with our roamio. It had not connected to TiVo for over two weeks. I called TiVo and after being on the phone for 1:20 and troubleshooting everything, they said that the box was bad. The not only wanted $79 for a new box (which I was ok with since it was out of warranty), but also wanted $199 to transfer the lifetime subscription to the new box! I told them that I would be passing on that offer.

Now, onto the odd part. After I hung up (and after TiVo closed for the night) I discovered that none of my boxes would connect. I have the Roamio, a premier, a bolt + and two minis. Not one will connect and I am getting C111 and C115 errors on the internet connection.

All devices will connect to Netflix and other online media and all can see and stream from each other. I have reset all routers and switches and all are ethernet connections with home runs to the switch. The roamio is the only device that has not connected for two weeks. The others have connected either yesterday or today, but will not connect now.

Any thoughts? This one has me stumped.

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I would rethink your refusal; assuming your box is really dead, that is the standard price for a Lifetime transfer and $280 for a new box is a bargain.

But I wouldn't do anything until you've resolved your network problem; you haven't given enough details to narrow that down. You might enumerate your devices and how you get Internet to see if that gives someone an idea. And what do you mean by "connect"? Does it just not have a guide to display or is it not showing the programs? Did you mean that you can watch Netflix on your TiVos or are you using another device.

3. Roland Ratliff

Jun 15, 2018
    All devices are connected via ethernet on a home run connection to a cisco 2960-xr switch and then Cisco 2800 router then Arris cable modem. There are also 5 eero wifi modules on the network. Scans for conflicting ip's have confirmed no conflicts.

The units, all, are reporting C111, C115 and C118 error codes, indicating that they are not talking tp the "mothership" for guide downloads. The programs and other video sources (Netflix, amazon, hobo, etc.) are working and as stated above, so is room to room and even TiVo online.

It is almost as if the TiVo servers were down, but it seems that no one else is having this issue.

Attached Files:

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If the TiVo servers were down I don't think you would get to the downloading phase. That happened yesterday morning. Also when the servers are down Online fails too.

One of your pictures shows that the port tests passed. Does the Internet Connection test pass also?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Reflexively, a full power reset of ALL your gear would be the first step, per the following post:
    No guarantees the full power reset will resolve your issue, but it has been found to fix some mysterious network hiccups.

6. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    I'm experiencing something similar but it's C115 and C118 errors. I also have eero 3 wifi units. Resets of the cable mode, the eero wifi units, and a hard reset (unplug) of the tivo haven't solved the issue. The techs with my cable company are unsure how to proceed. Could this be an eero issue? I haven't pulled them out of the mix yet. All of my units are also ethernet wired back to a 24 port switch connected to the main eero.

I'm submitting a request for support to Tivo to see if my account is properly in-sync. One of my units is a cable company unit. The others are owned by me. This configured has worked just fine until recently.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  7. rmd3003

rmd3003 New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Wow, I too started having this issue yesterday. All my Mini's failed to connect to TIVO service and to mother Roamio. Interestingly that TV is working and Netflix is working too. So there is no problem with actual network connection in the house. Very weird.....

8. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    Do you have eero? I put my closest tivo on the cable modem directly and it works. Looks like eero pushed an update in june and caused this. I'll open a ticket. I suggest others do the same so they know its not just one crazy person

9. rothbox

rothbox New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    I am also having the same issue with my Roamio. It won't connect to the Tivo service, but is able to stream Netflix. I also am using the eero mesh network. When this started my eero was on v3.8.0-1205. I have just updated to v3.9.1-9 (released June 18th), but am still have the issue with connecting to the Tivo service (error C115) the unit is hardwired to the main eero through a switch.

10. Roland Ratliff

Jun 15, 2018
    I spoke to eero at length yesterday and we did a port forward on the necessary ports. There are a lot. When we did this, they would connect! The bad part, it will only work on one ip address. When you get the c111 code, it will give you the ports. Eero was really interested in fixing the problem and will hopefully get it fixed soon for us.

deek102 likes this.
  11. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    I had one successful connect when I plugged the Tivo directly into the main Eero. I have a TP-LINK 24-port switch that it was going through before that. It connected to the TiVo service and updated once but wouldn't do it again. I have several switches around the house, to hardwire to each Eero, and taking each out isn't possible, unfortunately. I have a couple TP-LINK switches and a couple Netgear scattered around the house. I have not touched them lately. The only thing that has changed in my network, that I'm aware of, is the Eero software push at the end of May / early June. There could have been changes on the cable providers side so I have them coming out to troubleshoot their hardware/wiring.

I'll try the ports tonight - thanks!

12. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    check out the thread on reddit:

the cable company was able to get the tivo working directly through coax without ethernet - moca. when we unplugged the moca adapter (ecb?) from the eero the tivo got a non-eero ip and it would update.

it looks like it's eero ethernet related.

13. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    UPDATE - A HUGE thanks to Scott @ Eero for taking the time to troubleshoot this with me and being an incredibly helpful guy! They pushed the previous version to my Eeros and now all of TiVos can connect again. I'm back on the 3.7.0-948 version.

Eero is still trying to determine what the issue is since there are only a few of us, the unluckies, that are having this issue.

krkaufman likes this.
  14. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    We have a thread on Reddit:

15. NathanB

NathanB New Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you for the update (and leg work)! I joined this forum after finding this thread (and the Reddit thread). I hope to see an official fix soon. In the meantime, I’ll reach out to Eero and have them roll me back to the version you identified.

16. osterber

osterber Active Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Watertown, MA
    Has anyone seen a true fix from Eero on this?

17. deek102

deek102 New Member

May 4, 2008
    I'm still running 3.7.0-948. I haven't been contacted about a true fix yet.

18. Roland Ratliff

Jun 15, 2018
    The short answer is no. I am working with both eero and TiVo to try to develop fix. So far, it has not been successful. They will back date your eero system if you contact them.

krkaufman likes this.