Multi Tivo Setup with Harmony

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ellinj, Jan 23, 2006.

1. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa

Advertisements

I have a Toshiba DVD-R and a Harmony 676 remote. The Toshiba remote doesn't have a dvr switch. I want to setup an additional regular SA tivo in this room. With the exception of the special dvd menus the toshiba seems to respond to the subcodes of the sa remote. Is it possible to set a subcode for a tivo on the harmony and is it someone possible to bring in the special dvd buttons for the toshiba?

2. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    This past Sunday I bought the Harmony 520 and after two nights and at least 4 hours of trial and error, I finally got my Harmony to operate 3 SA Tivos that are all connected to the same Tv.

The problem was that I was entering the actual models that I have and the remote was being setup with the "0" ir code set for each instead of 5,7 and 9. I finally set it up by claiming they were all the same model so that it would want ir samples from the remote to find the correct code set, which it seems to want when you have duplicate devices. In your case you should be able to setup your Toshiba using a subset ir code and then "teach" it the DVD codes, but as I stated my Harmony remote experience only goes back as far as Sunday, so I can't help with specifics

After trying for about 3 hours Sunday night, I was ready to pack up remote and return it, but now that I have it figured out (for what I need anyway), I already can't imagine not having it.

3. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    I'll have to give it a try this weekend.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    We control 5 TiVos with our Harmony, so it definitely can be done. For your setup what you want to do is setup up each TiVo with it's own independant remote code using the standard peanut. Then when setting up each one on the Harmony website set the peanut to it's respective remote code, then use the quick learn feature to teach it which remote code it uses. (I'm not sure of the exact name of the feature, but it launches a little box that tells you to press like 4 different buttons on the remote so it can try to find the code set in their database) After that the Harmony will assign all the buttons the proper remote code so you don't have to learn them all one by one.

Dan