Multi stream cable cards in Michigan

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jstaso, Sep 18, 2007.

1. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    I asked Comcast about M-cards and I got the following response:

"The Cable CARDS that are currently in use are one way cards and single
    stream. We can install two cards in the Tivo Series 3 unit."

Does anyone in SE Michigan have them from Comcast?

2. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    Im in Ann Arbor MI and have a M card for my Tivo HD , they dont even know that they have them, the techs wouldnt even believe me that I only needed one card. He showed up with 5 cards, 4 M cards and 1 S card. Just order up your cable cards tell them you need 2 and cross your fingers, if you see he has a red card in hand you are in business. It will also say M card right across it.

Good Luck

3. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Comcast emailed me that they only install single-stream cards, service rep on the phone and her supervisor didn't know what an M-card was, lady in the branch office never heard of them. When the tech got here, he pulled out an M-card and installed it.

4. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
    What brand of M-Card did they install in your Tivo? Time Warner Columbus, OH installed a Scientific Atlanta M-Card into slot 1 of my Tivo (running in single stream mode) to replace a S-Card I originally had that has the "Upgrading Firmware" mode bug. I have been having issues with it (can't receive any encrypted channels). The S-Card in slot 2 works fine though. This sucks because the Tivo doesn't know the Slot 1 M-Card isn't working and will try to record stuff on that tuner.

5. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    I'ts a Motorola card.