Multi-Service Discount

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BoosterGold, Apr 27, 2008.

1. BoosterGold

BoosterGold New Member

Aug 16, 2006

Advertisements

What is the current Multi Service Discount plan?

I just bought a new TiVo HD and the monthly fee is $9.95.

I have two other TiVos. I am paying $12.95 for my Series 2 and got the multi-service discount on my Toshiba/DVD unit for $6.95.

Now, my question is: Why is my new TiVo HD $9.95/month? Shouldn't it be only $6.95? Paying $30/month is a little too high in my opinion....

2. wdpower

wdpower New Member

May 22, 2005
    West Palm Beach
    A while back TiVo upped their prices. I have one TiVo I am paying $6.95 a month for and the other two are LT. They told me if I was to get rid of the LT's I would loose my multi discount and then would end back up at 12.95 and then 9.95 for any additional.

-Bill

3. kenrippy

kenrippy New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    so. cal
    can't you setup a 3yr plan (monthly payment) for the multi-service discount that brings it down to the $6.95? maybe that's changed as well.

4. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    You are grandfathered on the $6.95. If you ever decide to get rid of that Tivo and replace it with a new box, make sure you transfer the service yourself using the website. That will keep you current rate and not require a recommitment on the new box. In order to do that, you will need to buy a box w/o service from any place other than Tivo.com.

5. Flyinace2000

Flyinace2000 Member

Aug 2, 2005

Advertisements

When i called to cancel service they offered me 2 new TiVoHD's and keep my multi room discount. The last time i called to cancel they cut my main tivo service in half. So i only pay $14 a month for both TiVoHD's :-D

6. kenrippy

kenrippy New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    so. cal
    awesome.

if i ever get pissed off enough to cancel, that would be a tempting offer. or, if i ever get the balls to try it with no intentions of leaving, that would be nice as well.

7. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    No the cheapest plan is $9.95/month MSD with a 3 year commitment.

8. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    $9.95 MSD is 1 year IIRC

9. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    Thanks. I had forgotten that TiVo had changed their pricing policy recently. At the time I signed up, I had to go to 3 years to get the cheapest price.