Multi Room View Quit!!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by pcar1947, Jan 22, 2006.

1. pcar1947

pcar1947 New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Atlanta
    I need some help.

In the process of seting up new TV had to shutdown TIVO for several hours. Whn I rebooted TIVO my MultiRoom Viewing does not work. I have Lifetime Service.

For 2 years I have run the original "Ultimate Wireless" network setup with moderate success. Linksys USB Adapter, Wireless G Game Adapter and a Speed Booster Router.

I Can see both machines on the Network. Can Initiate transfer to either Machine using Galeon 2.1.

I Have checked to make sue that Multiviewing is Allowed on my configuration.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Also I see that TIVO is selling their on brand Wireless G adpaters. Any feedback on how good they are?

2. roshne

roshne New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I was using linksys wireless B adapters for about a year, and decided to upgrade to the TiVo branded G. They swapped right in, with no changes required on my part, and they seem to be getting a better amount of signal, and have worked flawlessly.

3. pcar1947

pcar1947 New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the feedback.

4. pcar1947

pcar1947 New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Atlanta
    I resolved the problem by rerunning setup SW for Game adapters. This required me to hook them up to PC. I also upgraded game adapter Firmware to 1.10.

I am still interested in the TIVO wireless G NIC. I have had Stability problems with the my current setup especially with long DL. Every so often I have to disconnect the Game adapters and run Settings again. I don't know whether TIVO will solve this problem.

Thanks