Multi-Room Streaming Not Active?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by escrge, Jan 20, 2012.

1. escrge

escrge TiVo Owner Since '99

Apr 30, 2003
    Ft. Worth, TX

Advertisements

All three of my Premiere TiVos have received the latest service update. However, I'm not getting a streaming option (i.e. Play option.) Currently, there's only a Transfer option.

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Per Margret, the new batches will be turned on next monday

3. waterchange

waterchange Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Just to clarify, 'next monday' is referring to Jan 30th.

4. premiereman

premiereman New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm in the same boat, both units on 20.2 but no play option or MRS available. Does anyone know if MRS will be compatible with the Tivo USB G Wifi Adapters?

Thanks!

5. fyodor

fyodor Active Member

Sep 19, 2006

Advertisements

I'd be really surprised if you were able to stream HD content over wireless G with acceptable quality.

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    No, it should work -- G is theoretically 54 Mbps, and I get half that real-world, which is still higher than the maximum ATSC rate of 19.2 Mbps.

7. compnurd

Oct 6, 2011
    you should be ok with G watching the program, FF or RW may cause some delays

8. premiereman

premiereman New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I was wondering about the wireless G adapter because there were early reports (before 20.2) that MRS would require an "ethernet" connection. I wonder if we will have to update our software again to get MRS.

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    RCN is requiring a wired connection on their TiVo boxes. But that is also probably to reduce trouble calls since most people don't have properly set up wireless networks. They are typically over saturated or they don't have enough Access Points to get a proper signal.

10. compnurd

Oct 6, 2011
    Yes, As stated on some other threads, there will be another push to enable MRS for those that did not have it enabled after the last go round. Current Date is 1.30

11. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Thanks for that info. Was scratching my head as I just updated my Elite and XL and it's not enabled. Can't wait for that feature to be enabled!

12. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    check your boxes- Mine just went live in the past few hours. Looks like they didn't need to wait all the way till Monday (for at least some of us...)

13. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Indeed it did. Thanks for that. :)

14. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Seems to be on here, too -- I'm seeing "<StreamingPermission>Yes" in the XML. (With only one Premiere, I don't think there's another way to check.)

15. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Forced connections on both my Premiere's and I'm not seeing it yet.

16. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Member

Jan 23, 2012
    LOVING the new streaming feature. A lot.

17. HDR110

HDR110 HDR110

Jan 26, 2012
    Streaming is on and the red circles are gone.

18. premiereman

premiereman New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Mine just got turned on as well! Try to force the connection and see if it will go through. The only bummer is it looks like I'll have to be updating my wireless G adapters to Wireless N as streaming is choppy. :/

19. fyodor

fyodor Active Member

Sep 19, 2006
    I hope that it works for him, but I've never gotten more than 8-10 megabits/s on a wireless G connection. I know that some people have been able to get low 20s, but it seems atypical and requires a lot of configuration and control of the wireless environment.

I'd also assume that you need some extra bandwidth to stream well. With other video streaming devices I've usually needed 2xcontent bitrate to get acceptable quality.

20. premiereman

premiereman New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I have 2 wireless G adapters (w/ 30mbps internet connection) and I am able to stream Netflix HD movies on either device with no hiccups. However, if I try to stream between units it gets extremely choppy. Is there any way I can find how many mbps I'm streaming at through the TiVo?