Multi Room Scheduling

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tomm1079, Jan 11, 2006.

1. tomm1079

tomm1079 Member

May 10, 2005
    I know i have seen a few comments about this but does anyone know if tivo ever plans to add something so you can list programs you want to record and the TSN numbers of your tivos and it will set them up for you?
    I have 2 SA series 2 tivos and would love to just setup for each night the programs i would like to record and have the web (or a plugin to tivo desktop) tell each tivo what to record.

2. Shawn95GT

Shawn95GT Tivo, in HD!

Oct 7, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I sent this is as a reccomendation. It would be nice if multiple Tivos were aware of each other and would auto-resolve conflicts across the Tivos.

The networks re-arranging prime-time recently (CSI conflicts with everything!) had me running up and down stairs to resolve conflicts.

Now Earl, CSI, and OC are on at the same time. Thank you network programmers!

3. wickerbill

wickerbill Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    This doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do. Please take a look at this tivo. Would be a great tool for those of us with multiple units.

4. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    IIRC there was talk about adding some scheduling features to HME which would allow a remote app to perform such functionality.

5. DigitalDan

DigitalDan Member

Jul 11, 2005
    North of...
    Excellent idea. It would also be great to be able to delete the program transferred from #2 to #1 from the #1 Tivo.

Confusing enough? #1 TiVo is our living room set, we do our watching here. #2 is the beedroom set, we record any conflicts with #1 there. When we want to watch anything that was saved on the #2 we transfer it to #1. Once it is transferred we no longer need it on the #2 . A command like "Transfer and delete from source" would be very helpful.

This would allow more free space on the #2 box.

6. tomm1079

tomm1079 Member

May 10, 2005
    Anyone at tivo confirm or deny this??

7. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    and that is still going on and is something TiVo really wnats to deliver since then they can let 3rd parties do all the detailed part of figuring out cooperative scheduling. all that is missing is access to schedule a recording and ability to look into To Do lists

8. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
  9. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Confirm or deny *what*? TiVo's policy is to not comment on unannounced features.