Muffled Audio on new HR10-250 - Help!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by kalphoto, Jun 22, 2006.

1. kalphoto

kalphoto New Member

Jul 6, 2005

Advertisements

I just got my "free" HR10-250 from DirecTV on Tuesday. I woke up this morning to watch the World Cup game and found the audio to be coming out VERY muffled (annoying to say the least). I tried changing channels and turning the tv on and off and it was still there.

I restarted the HR10-250 and after waiting for it to reboot (5 minutes or so), the problem was fixed.

Is this an ongoing issue? Is there a faster fix than a full system restart?

The unit is hooked up with HDMI and audio rca cables directly to a Sony HD LCD Projection.

Thanks!
    -Keith

2. hoopsrgreat

hoopsrgreat New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    california
    If you are only using the TV for sound, you shouldnt even need the audio cables. Audio and video signals both are sent via the HDMI cable.

If it happens again, disconnect the HDMI cable and use only the standard L/R stereo cables and see what happens. I know you will lose the video signal, but if the sound is ok at that point, you know it has to do with the HDMI signal. Hard to troubleshoot this unless you have the muddled signal happen again.

Hopefully it wont happen again.