Mueller Report Congressional testimony alert, Wed., July 24, 8:15 a.m. EDT

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Mikeguy, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Note that the Mueller Report Congressional testimony hearing will be occurring on Wed., July 24, starting, I believe, at 8:15 a.m. EDT/7:15 a.m. CDT/5:15 a.m. PDT. At least for me right now, the TiVo Guide (updated by me just now) only shows the testimony programming on my NBC station. I assume that it is being shown on ABC and CBS as well (it was announced during the CBS Morning Show telecast this morning).

(Feel for your friends out West--more important, send them coffee.)

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Mikeguy likes this.
  3. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
  4. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Currently showing on my local PBS station, with coverage beginning at 8:30 a.m. EDT; nothing, yet, showing for CBS or ABC (or Fox ;) ).

5. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Don't feel too badly for all us us here in the West. Some of us have one of the new gadget thingy call a Tivo. ;)
    We can watch the hearings without getting up in the middle of the night.

6. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    But then you're going to miss all the live* suspense of it all!

* I'm sure that he's a great guy and just super at a party--but the term "live" used with this witness seems to be an oxymoron. ;)

7. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Thankfully we've got QuickMode and it's user adjustable too.

mattack and bobfrank like this.
  8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The other nice thing about watching it on TiVo is you get to skip the pre-game, the commercial breaks, and the half-time show (I mean really, Vanilla Ice?!?).

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    It's on CSPAN3 too.. 5AM-8:30AM Pacific as the official time, I added an hour.. maybe will add more.

might watch/skim at 1.9x quickmode.. or for once may go back to downloading, so I can listen on my phone.. (Though someone might release the whole thing as a podcast episode?)

10. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    "That's uhh .... uhhh... [looks through pages] addressed in the second full paragraph on page 34 [long pause] and to some extent..... I think [long pause] somewhere on page 75.... if you'll give me just a moment........."

BREAK

"That was not addressed in the un-redacted portions of the report. Whether it was addressed in the redacted portions is something I can't really say. [Consults with lawyer] Uhhh.. [another consult] because .... My answer to that [another consult] is that the answer is either not in the report or is in the report in an area that has been redacted and I can't tell you specifically whether it's in the report in a redacted area or is not in the report at all. [consults] Uhhh, so that is my answer to that question."

BREAK

Mikeguy likes this.
  11. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    How much did the 2nd section overrun? I think I only added an hour or hour and a half.. (I added half an hour to the first one so it would hopefully at least run into the time slot of the 1st.)

12. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i don't have quick mode, is it faster than ffwd or 30s skip? :)

13. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Just hold down the ->|

You'll thank me later. :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  14. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Wasn't it supposed to end at 3 pm EDT? It went to 4 (or a few minutes after?), when I had an appointment. Do they get paid by word?

15. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    my second 4-hour block of recording (which i haven't watched, and may delete without watching) shows the hearing ended at 2:30pm central, 3:30pm eastern.

16. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    yeah thanks, I realized both of my recordings did cover the whole thing, even though the first one went way over.. and I padded the 2nd one.

Anybody know of them already in an audio podcast form? I searched for Mueller last night at least and couldn't find any.

17. Tiger62

Tiger62 Member

Mar 27, 2018
    A lot of folks searched for Mueller yesterday but he was nowhere to be found. Someone finally said that he was "just out to lunch."

18. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Are you a masochist? Or a Guantanamo Bay prison guard. ;)

19. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ??? If I can listen to it at 2x like a podcast.. why wouldn't I?

(Though I may just end up doing like what I USED to do before finding the new QuickMode adjustable speed.. download to VLC and play it that way.. but I can do it on my phone which will still play audio even when the phone is sleeping).

or as a more serious answer -- because I want to be informed about the world?

20. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Of course, I applaud you for wanting to be informed. I really was just being tongue-in-cheek.

But as one who watched the testimony and commentary, 15 minutes shy of 8 hours, from beginning to end, oh, the pain of it all. ;) As is typical of these things, so many words, and not coming from the person testifying. (Even using 2x fastplay in a podcast replay, this would be 4 days of listening while out hiking for exercise.)