1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTV's "The Challenge"

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Space, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Space

Space Active Member

Jan 13, 2002
    There are two episode of MTV's "The Challenge" tomorrow (3/13), however there seems to be a discrepancy as to the times they are airing.

Both TiVo and TitanTV have them airing at 9pm ET and 11:03pm ET (the after show).
    But Gracenote (zap2it) has them airing at 8pm ET and 10:03pm ET.

Perhaps it is some sort of confusion related to Daylight Savings?

I am not sure which ones are correct, but I always place my bet on Gracenote.

EDIT: The normal time for this show is 9pm ET, so it is possible that TiVo/TitanTV are correct (MTV.com also has the 9pm/11:03pm times), but in my experience Gracenote is almost always more accurate, so you may want to cover all your bases if you can.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    yeah it would be weird to have a Fear Factor in the middle, wouldn't it?

3. Space

Space Active Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Actually, both schedules had Fear Factor in the middle.

It tuns out that TiVo/TitanTV was correct and Gracenote was wrong. It's usually the other way around, but this point goes to TiVo/TitanTV.

4. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Check your To Do List for the 3/27 episode

realityboy likes this.
  5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Titantv and zap2it are both owned by CBS Interactive. They use the Nielsen database. Tvguide.com and tv.com are both using the TiVo/Rovi database.

Sadly, titantv has fallen down quite a bit. Check the OAD for Ransom CBS 4/7/18 8pm.

Also, nothing stops any site from causing damage to good data.

6. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    3/27’s episode “Czechmate” shares a name with an episode from S20 so it wasn’t set to record for me.

cherry ghost likes this.
  7. Space

Space Active Member

Jan 13, 2002
    I believe you are incorrect about Titantv.com being owned by CBS. From the titantv.com website:
    TitanTV is an independent company located in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Also, zap2it does not use the "Nielsen database" and they are currently owned by "Tribune Media". They are in the process of being sold to "Sinclair Broadcast Group". Tribune Media owns some local CBS affiliates, but they are not owned by CBS (they also own stations that are affiliates of other networks).

On the other hand, tvguide.com and tv.com ARE owned by CBS Interactive, and they use Rovi/TiVo data for their listings.

There is actually a complicated history of these services (with multiple owners) so it is difficult to keep up.

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Being half right isn't bad. I use titantv most of the time anymore since it is fast, has longest reach, and accurate enough.