MTV's The Challenge : Battle Of The Exes

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Just caught episode 1 on Mtv.com. I love this show season after season. In a lot of ways it is better than Survivor. The personal conflicts are more intense. Since these people actually know each other very well, the hatred, jealousy, and bitterness seem real and unscripted.

As I was saying in a different thread, the people who design challenges for Survivor and TAR should take lessons from the people who design the challenges on these shows!!

2. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I am in until CT get booted out. I just hope he goes crazy again. Love me some Crazy CT...

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I love Crazy CT too!

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Definitely not better than Survivor, but these shows are addicting. I think I've actually missed a fair amount since I often reschedule later airings and even though they rerun the heck out of them, sometimes they do change the schedule, so I end up missing them (and if I miss an ep in the middle, I don't want to watch the rest).. then sometimes miss the marathons they have later..

5. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Go Crazy CT. I also like Abram when he goes Crazy.

All we need is someone to get hurt and Ev to show up and it would make for a decent season.

6. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I am guessing I was not the only one trying to pair people together. I also understand they have to use exes lightly, but some of those people could almost be paired with a number of cast members (some that are also competing with another partner on the show, some not)

7. Feb 2, 2012 #7 of 68
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I don't even remember Vinny from before but he sure proved to be an ass. I felt bad for his partner that she got the boot too. She also looked a lot better with lighter hair.

Wes sure was trying pretty hard to get back in Mandi's pants, he almost appeared PW'd.

8. Feb 2, 2012 #8 of 68
    YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I watch this once in a while, but I love the exes premise so I may make a bigger effort thus season.

I haven't watched in a while, so a lot of these people are new to me. And I miss myfavorite challenge dude-Big E.

9. Feb 2, 2012 #9 of 68
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I really like Marc (Long). He is a beast, especially when you think he is 40!

10. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    Oh yeah. He's a favorite, too. He keeps saying hes done, which makes me laugh.

11. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    This show is a guilty pleasure. I'm definitely watching this season.

12. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    I think they should have made the small girl that punched the big guy leave with Vinny & let their partners pair up.

13. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I'm sorry to see Wes go, he's always good for drama and conflict.

14. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    But at the same time I am glad Leroy was able to "prove himself". Last challenge him and Mike made it

to the finale without having to go in to an elimination.

15. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    What is up with the scars on Abram's chest? Is that something he did to himself on purpose? His tats look like sharpie scribbles.

That trivia challenge would have scared the pudding out of me. These people are not very smart!

16. NatasNJ

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    They are young. :)

Well most of them....

17. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    True, they are young. And I am old. But were you saying that to explain the scars and weird tats or the reason they missed so many trivia questions? Because I guess it actually answers both!

18. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Abrams tattoos look like he fell asleep at a frat party and someone first marked him up with a sharpy and when he didn't wake had someone tattoo their scribblings on him.

19. NatasNJ

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Youth in regards to their trivia knowledge (or lack of).

The scars seem to be self inflicted based off a quick google search.
    There is a video that explains it but I couldn't view it from work.

And someone else said "Abram said on Cutthroat that the scars are a part of his tattoos...I believe he said he burned himself. "

20. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    Which team was eliminated tonight? I watched everything but the very end, when I had to put my daughter to bed and missed it.