MRV - Same billing account?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rickfriele, Sep 22, 2007.

1. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV

Advertisements

I noticed on this page (http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?CID=1E643FC9-446A-436D-86CB-8661B81991A5) that in order for multiroom viewing to work both TiVo's need to be on the same billing account. My brother in-law has a Series3 billed to him and I have a TiVo HD billed to me. I guess there would be no way we could use MRV?

2. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
  3. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Yes

4. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I suggest you have one person pay for both of them, and then just reimburse him.

5. Carsten

Carsten New Member

Feb 4, 2007

Advertisements

Actually, I have a S3. Just recently bought a TivoHD and added it to my account, but charged it to another CC.

6. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    The account is what matters. The CC used for payment is irrelevant .

7. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Each account has a seperate MAK (media access key). The MAK needs to be the same for Tivo boxes to see each other on the LAN.

If you are at the same address and have multiple accounts, call Tivo and have the accounts merged. (Tivo calls it "de-dup" IIRC)

8. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

The S3 and TivoHD will not even do MRV until November 2007 at the earliest.

9. fergie8

fergie8 TiVoite via RCN

Oct 26, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    This is not specific to HD and S3 TiVos, but perhaps it will help you anyway ...

There are two Series 2 TiVos in our home. Both are authorized under my single account with TiVo. One of them is set up to bill to my credit card, the other is set up to bill to the credit card of my girlfriend who lives with me here. Both of the TiVos have the same Media Access Key assigned to them. MRV works fine between the two TiVos. [ And hopefully it will continue to work fine too, once both TiVos get the new upgraded 9.x software version. :) ]

Technically speaking, the billing goes to two different people via the two different credit cards used, but I think from TiVo's point of view the same account is being billed because both TiVos are authorized under my TiVo account.

Is that similar to the situation you have? Or does your brother-in-law have his own TiVo account? If it's the latter, than I'm guessing you'll be out of luck with regard to MRV.

--
    Michael