MRV problem - "Phantom" DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dshay, Nov 17, 2007.

1. dshay

dshay New Member

Jan 17, 2004

Advertisements

I recently purchased both an HD and an S3. The HD was installed and running for about a week before I received the S3. Last night I installed and activated the S3. After a few "calls" it downloaded 9.2 and I was on my way to MRV. [Both are running 9.2, the MRV FAQ has been fully followed]

The initial problem was the "unknown format" problem referenced in other threads. That seemed to be caused by the fact that the S3 had not yet picked up it's real name from tivo.com and was still showing "<Name this tivo...>". This morning when I forced a call, it got it's name AND the unknown format problem went away.

The only problem at this point was that on the HD unit, the S3 was just called "DVR" in Now Playing (as a remote unit) and not what I had actually called it on tivo.com ("LIVINGROOM"). A restart or two and forced call or two did not change this situation. Just for fun, I did a "delete all" on the HD unit. That actually got the "LIVINGROOM" remote unit to show up. Unfortunately, however, the "DVR" entry still stays around.

This would be all well and good if it were just me using it. Unfortunately, I'm setting these up for my 80 year old mother next week, and I really don't want any element of confusion involved. How can I delete this "phantom" second remote DVR entry?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Did you restart both TiVos? That fixed the problem for me.

3. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    Same thing with me. I had this problem until I rebooted the "other" tivo.

4. dshay

dshay New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Fairly sure I had done that. Another reset of both of them, just for good measure *simultaneously*, seems to have cured this. Thanks!