MRV DTivo Problem

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by guins, Sep 12, 2007.

1. guins

guins Networked DTiVo User

Oct 9, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA

Advertisements

I have my zippered DTiVos wirelessly connected to my home network, but neither has the other TiVo displayed on NOW SHOWING for MRV anymore.

I can, however, still use TiVoweb to connect. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

2. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    I do not know about your situation, as you haven't really given enough information. That being the case, it could be a number of things. For one thing, are you having the slow NPL issue? If so, the other dvr's will not show up in the list for about 30-45 seconds.

Anyway, I would say that you will probably need to start out by taking a serial cable and connecting to your receivers, one by one and go back thru the process of assigning the IP address for the receiver. I recently had my computers, router, and stuff disconnected recently. When I hooked everything back up, I had the slow NPL issue, and tivo server could not see my receivers at all. I connected the cable to each one at a time, and went back thru the part of assigning the ip address. Then rebooted the receivers, and the fixed both problems.

But, like I said, it all depends on your situation. This is why we really need more info.