MRV between Premiere and HDXL

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mjh, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mjh

mjh Re: Member

Dec 19, 2002
    I took advantage of the TiVo Black Friday special and picked up a Premiere for $80. I purchased the lifetime subscription with the multi-service discount.

I had been expecting that I'd be able to do multi-room viewing between my old HDXL and this new Premiere. And I can see it on the new TiVo. But when I go to it, it says "The LivingRoom DVR has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to the Now Playing List."

This is clearly false. The LivingRoom DVR has tons of recordings on it. Is this something that's going to show up eventually? I've only activated the new box tonight (w/in the last hour). Is there something that I need to do to get the two boxes talking to each other?

(Apologies if this should have gone in the Premiere or Series 3 forum.)

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    It can take up to 24 hours or so for the new unit to pick up all the new info. Forcing a connection might help. Also make sure networking is enabled on both units, not just the new one. Finally, if it still doesn't come up, try rebooting. Both are wired Ethernet, right, not wireless?

3. mjh

Dec 19, 2002
    Yes both are wired. I'll check back tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be available by then.

Thanks

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    This is very common Restart everything including your router and your PC (if running Tivo Desktop)

If that doesn't work then just wait it out.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Did you go to your tivo.com account and go to DVR Preferences, check on TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS for the new box? Make sure it has your Media Access Key on the new box. This can take up to 24 hrs or less, depending on when the last Tivo Connection was made, or even force 1.

6. mjh

Dec 19, 2002
    Yes, I did ensure that both "Video Sharing" and "Enable Video Downloads" are checked for both devices on
    tivo.com -> My Account -> DVR Preferences

7. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    When you add a TiVo to an existing TiVo family then all TiVo's must be made aware of each other. This is done by making a connection to TiVo on "all" Tivos and then only after the new TiVo has been registered on the TiVo servers. This can take up to 24 hours.

8. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I had this issue when i picked up my second premiere. It took a good 24 hours before the units would show the content from each other.

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    AFAIK, they have to be on the *same* network. Even if you have routers in different rooms, those won't be on the same network.