MRV and Premieres on HDTV and second SDTV

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by akc, Sep 13, 2011.

1. akc

akc New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    OK, I have been reading for an hour and still don't have a clear picture of the answers so I'll just ask outright:

1) If I have a Premiere on a HD TV and then put a Premiere on a second SD only TV, I am now able to transfer programs between the two (unless copy protected), correct?

2) If the program is *recorded* in HD, when it is transferred to the second premiere that is only on a SD TV, then will it take up the hard drive space of an HD recording? (it's just watchable in SD format?) Ideally it would only transfer in SD but I'm betting that's not the case.

3) I have the HD cable package (Comcast), obviously, but the SD TV can't access the channels. Can the cable card *record* the HD versions and then I just watch them in SD? Or, no... just records the SD channels with the expanded cable option.

If I do this upgrade, I'll have to say goodbye to the Comcast On Demand box, which will be a bummer b/c there is so much programming there. I've split the set up downstairs so I still kept on COD box but having two would be redundant. :)

Thanks for your help -

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    1. Yes

2. It will be transferred in HD.

3. Yes, I record HD shows and watch them on my bedroom SD tv all the time.

3. akc

akc New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    Thanks! Picked up one on Woot for $49 today. Thinking about whether I want a second. :)