Mr. Robot S04E10 “410 Gone” 12/8/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markb, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Dec 9, 2019 #1 of 10
    markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    That was a snoozer. I couldn’t stop looking at my phone. Not even a hook into the next episode?

GoPackGo likes this.
  2. 3D

3D Active Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Plantation, FL.
    Agreed. A bit of a waste with so few episodes left. Might have been better if we were given more of a reason to care about the relationship between Darlene and Dom than what's been shown.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suspect this was the farewell to those two characters, and it will focus on Elliot (and his various others) the rest of the way out...

photoshopgrl, Steveknj and GoPackGo like this.
  4. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Well, Darlene stayed behind, so maybe there's more to her story.

If this is the end of Dom's story, I think they should have just ended her story with her dying two weeks ago. But for some reason, the writers fully revived her, so much so that she's sprinting through the airport... apparently, just so she could get a (somewhat) happy ending. We certainly didn't need a whole episode to tell the end of her story. (But I do think that's what it was.)

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I would have liked it better if Darlene got on the plane and went with Dom and that was the end of the story, but I figured they must need her to finish up Elliot's story.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe...I'm not entirely convinced, though. They had her realize she doesn't need to be with somebody to survive, which would put a nice end to her story as well. It wouldn't surprise me too much if we see little or nothing of Darlene in the last three episodes. I can see an awful lot of it happening entirely in Elliot's head, where there are still some pretty major unresolved issues (e.g., who is the mystery identity who acted without Elliot or Mr Robot knowing?).

midas likes this.
  7. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    It looks like we've got only two more weeks, because they're going to air episodes 12 and 13 together. Also, very minor spoiler regarding episode titles:

It appears the next episode drops the HTTP status codes and is simply titled "Exit".

8. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Interesting. I feel just the opposite. I was pretty sure all along Darlene wouldn't get on the plane because I think for a while now they've been setting it up so that Darlene will be the key to bringing out Elliot's third personality. IIRC, Mr. Robot said so, very nearly in so many words, just an episode or two ago.

I do agree that this episode was a little off-topic, but I still enjoyed it well enough.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Dom wants to stay under the radar but it true tv show fashion, she doesn't wear a hat, get a haircut, dye her hair or wear sunglasses etc...

I'm guessing that the truly poor, the people without e-cards didn't get any money.

10. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    …and those who have multiple e-wallets got more ;)