Mr. Robot S04E09 “409 Conflict” 12/1/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markb, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:51 PM.

1. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    It was pretty satisfying to see Whiterose (apparently) defeated!

So is Angela really alive?

Something I've complained about before is that Whiterose is usually very sophisticated, yet when it suits the story, extremely unsophisticated. In this case, she's using SMS for second factor authentication, which is pretty weak. Someone with a massive amount of money in the bank should be using a hardware second factor, which some banks offer.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Uh...no?

I mean, they didn't seem to leave any real doubt. The people who know acted as if she is dead; Whiterose only said she was alive to mess with Elliot.

3. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I don't know.. The show has been hinting that Whiterose has some way to bring people back to life for some time now, theories range from time travel (Whiterose said she hacked time in season 1) to some sort of Matrix computer reality...
    There's 2 episodes left, Dark Army seems neutralized, Elliot/Mr Robot have the thumb drive Mr Price gave him. And there's the question of who is the "other" personality inside Elliot....
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised in the final moment of the final of the episode, that they "drop a bomb" on the plot that this is all some sort of computer generated AI we're living in and Whiterose was the good guy or something. Mr Robot is a real person who is in the real world that takes over for Elliot sometimes for whatever reason to help him.. Then they do a montage of all the people that died in the show living happily, or otherwise, in the real world.

I'm just saying I have no idea whats going to happen in aftermath here.... And it'll probably be some crazy ride once we see what Whiterose's machine was..

4. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Did Whiterose say something after the phone call regarding this? I don't remember.

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Is Whiterose the woman they showed at the end or the Chinese Billionaire that was giving Elliot the song and dance about Angela? I thought she was the woman.

Could we find out that it's Mr. Robot who's the real person and that Elliot is the alter ego? This show could go in so many directions. I HOPE it's not some stupid time travel, weird sci-fi thing. That, to me, doesn't fit.

Maybe in the end the whole thing is some autistic kids fantasy that he sees in a snow globe or something? :)

6. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Those are the same person.

7. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Haven't they already showed us two more Eliot personalities? They are the kid and the woman who we saw in the boardroom asking Mr. Robot when Elliot would be ready.

8. robojerk

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Whiterose said something to his assistant when discussing about Elliot, "It's time he learns we're on the same side."

Whatever that means...

9. robojerk

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    They've shown them, but they've never taken over before that we've seen, and it seems more like they wanted Mr Robot to bring Eliiot to them for some reason.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Hah! You know, I remember now!! Thanks for the reminder!

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Whiterose and Price had a conversation in which Price basically complimented her on her ability to lie convincingly.

12. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    That woman is Elliott's mom, and the kid I presume is Elliott as a child. That meeting I presume took place inside Elliott's mind, but there may be enough clues in the skyline background for me to go back later and figure out the shooting location. The boardroom looks familiar - probably used as part of an E-Corp location from an earlier season.

I had to do a doubletake to make sure Elliott's mom and Rosa Diaz are two different actresses.

Price had so many cool bada$$ lines in this episode.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 8:15 PM
    photoshopgrl likes this.
  13. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    He makes a convincingly great man and woman IMO so the confusion is reasonable on your part. :)

14. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    B.D. Wong is a hell of an actor.He deserves an emmy this role.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  15. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Thanks! I wasn't so much confused, that I completely forgot about it!!

photoshopgrl likes this.