Mr. Robot S04E04 "404 Not Found" 10/27/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markb, Oct 28, 2019.

1. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego

Advertisements

Looks like the internet theory that Tyrell was another Elliot personality was not true. (Though I think there were problems with that theory.)

This episode made me think of the “Pine Barrens” Sopranos episode!

Steveknj and Craigbob like this.
  2. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    AZ
    Yes. I was thinking of that Sopranos episode too.

I don’t know, Tyrell could have been another personality the whole time. I think the scene with the cashier was written in such a way as to make it ambiguous.

3. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    With the way the episode ended, with Tyrell looking into some sort of blue light, my first thought was that he was seeing the Blue Screen of Death. I don't know if that was the intent, but it made me laugh.

4. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I made the connection to the Sopranos, too, of course, but more than anything I got a real David Lynch/Twin Peaks feel from the whole thing.

I'm not sure we can completely discount the notion that Tyrell was the 3rd personality. He could have died when Elliot/Mr. Robot shot him (can't recall exactly when that happened), and Elliot could have taken on his personality at that point. Granted, I haven't really thought this through very much, and I've forgotten a lot of details from the past seasons, so there may be some reason the theory doesn't add up. But I don't think the fact that he (apparently) died in this episode necessarily means it's wrong.

5. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...

Advertisements

I also thought of the Pine Barrens episode. Darlene and Tobias was a hoot. Dom is wow... I don't even know what to think about that. This was definitely one of the weirder episodes of a strange series.