Mr. Robot - 4x12 & 4x13 "Series Finale Part 1 & 2" 12/22/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by boywaja, Dec 23, 2019.

1. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...
    goodbye friend.

wasn't sure where they were going at the end of the last weeks episode and the start of this weeks. But feel like they did pretty good ,as far as series finales go.

2. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Domo arigato.

3. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    It all made sense.. the fakeout that white Rose actually made a machine was almost convincing, all the cars were white (except for the suv) so I kept thinking this was not a real place.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And my faith in these writers turned out to be entirely justified.

Which is quite a relief...by the end of the first hour, I thought they had completely blown it!

5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm confused. Did Styx receive royalties in the real world or is it only a mentally ill fantasy that someone would pay them for the use of Mr. Roboto?

lynncosbm likes this.
  6. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    He's a Star Child.

7. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    In hindsight, we probably should have known he wasn't the real Eliot all along but what a satisfying ending to a series. I'm going to miss this show!

Family likes this.
  8. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    I'm going to miss this mind-f**k of a show. The end was just as confusing as many of the other episodes we've seen over the years.

Will the real Elliot Alderson please stand up? In retrospect, I'm surprised they didn't do a "To Tell the Truth" episode in and among all the weirdness we did get.

9. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    It did somehow remind me of the ending to 2001:A Space Odyssey, with the rebirth of sorts.

10. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    One scene reminded of scene in "Being John Malkovich" ;)

11. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...
    also happened on Chuck.
    of course jeffster's performance of mr robato could be described as a mentally ill fantasy too. :laughing:

a related mr robato comment.
    it also reminded me of when Breaking Bad finally busted out 'crystal blue persuasion'.
    you just dont know how they held off using it for so long.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Great ending, enjoyed this show, I too will miss it. It just all made sense that this was all in the mind of someone completely and mentally ill. My first thought was the "normal" Elliot was the "real" Elliot (the one who was going to marry Angela) but even that was a fake out. There's a part of me that wants to "meet" real Elliot, just to see what he's like but this works.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I assume by "all" you mean the fantasy world of the past couple episodes, right? And not all the "all."

Steveknj likes this.
  14. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    cheesesteak likes this.
  15. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I lost track of who was who at some point. I never understood White Rose's machine. Maybe I missed an episode or 2. Not unlike the Sopranos, I'm not sure of what happened but I am not disappointed!!

16. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I thought it was all the all (that the last four seasons was all part of a delusional mind)

Steveknj likes this.
  17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Nope. What was revealed was that the primary personality that was dealing with the real world throughout the series wasn't the real Elliot; real Elliot had been buried in a fantasy world while the hacker personality took over (thinking he was the real Elliot).

18. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    No, that was the misdirection of the last two hours. They set it up where they could have easily said the entire series was just a dream. But they flipped it and said the series was real, but most of the last two hours was just a dream.

19. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Well it's questionable who the "real" Elliot was. Is the the "Mastermind"? Or was that just a personality as well. It's clear that based on the abuse he got as a child, he reverted into this inner world of the "Elliot" we know, so is that the "real" Elliot or one he made up to protect himself. I think the REAL Elliot is the person who woke up with a tear in his eye at the end. The one who (perhaps) is waking up from all the delusions of his mental state after all this time. But of course, we don't really know anything about THAT Elliot either.

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    But, while that's true, was the "real" Elliot what we saw for 4 years? Do we even know who the "real" Elliot is/was? It's all a delusion.