Mr. Robot 4x08 11/24/19 "408 Request Timeout"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You don't tug on Superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
    And you don't mess around with Dom

I mean, DAMN!

UTV2TiVo, mlsnyc and Craigbob like this.
  2. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Have we seen the guy who saved her family before?
    I don't remember him.

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    He was the guy they Dom and another FBI agent were interrogating right before Janice texted Dom about that FBI agent "jumping" out of a window to his death in episode 2. Deegan was someone who made people disappear and set them up with new lives which I assume is what's going to happen with Dom's family, at least temporarily.

4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    The actress who was holding them hostage was great. Cuz I really hated her as if this was really happening.

UTV2TiVo and Steveknj like this.
  5. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I hate all characters that pretend to be normal, happy go lucky people just doing a job but are really psychopaths.

6. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    So is Dom dead? I hope not, but probably?

Elliot is still (apparently) hiding out at AllSafe. Seems like hiding in a place to which you have a known connection is not a good idea when dealing with someone with the resources of Whiterose! Although, maybe there's something to be said for "hiding in plain sight". And Whiterose has only an hour to find Elliot. (I think! Though I can't really say I understand what's supposed to happen. Just that the board meeting is in an hour.)

7. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Elliot needs them all in one place for the Cypris bank thing to work, so in that hour they are all meeting and that's when he can get ALL of their money

8. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking we don't know if Dom (or Tyrell) is dead. I kinda feel like she's not, especially given that we saw her make the call for help. Seems like there are just too many loose ends with her story, like Darlene only just now learning that Dom has real feelings for her. Of course that could just be another part of the tragedy. One thing I know for certain is that I don't ever know anything for certain with this show.

BTW, I personally think Tyrell probably is dead, simply because it feels to me like his story line did reach a conclusion.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  9. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    Was that Tyrell giving the Christmas message from E-corp?

10. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Yes, that's what I saw. But I assume that was recorded before Tyrell's disappearance.

11. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thought all the scenes with Elliott and Gloria Reuben, Dom's family, Darlene and the hostage situation were amazing. The post child abuse with young Elliott and Mr. Robot - not so much.

12. UTV2TiVo

UTV2TiVo Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 2, 2005
    Sacramento...
    Young Elliot's bedroom key looked like the E Corp symbol.

GoPackGo and robojerk like this.