.mpg - setting the episode / description / information

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by endicot, Feb 1, 2006.

1. endicot

endicot New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Is it possible to add some information to a .mpg file so it looks more like a .tivo file?

I have my .mpgs, however, all I can do is rename the file for a Title.

I would like to add Program Title, Episode information, quality, ect...

So my .mpgs from my PC look more like TiVo files when downloaded to my TiVo. So I can see more information, and similar .mpg videos get 'grouped' when there are more than one of...

Anyone know?

2. markandjenn

markandjenn Member

Sep 21, 2003
    South Florida
    You can do so with Galleon, see Leon's post here. I am not sure if this works with TiVo Desktop as well, but it is worth a try.

3. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    See my thread here for more discussion:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3729149&&#post3729149

I haven't tried the latest version of Galleon. Are you sure that it can put shows back into folders on the Tivo? Or is it that Galleon now allows you to have shows in folders on your PC? :confused:

4. markandjenn

markandjenn Member

Sep 21, 2003
    South Florida
    I guess my post was slightly vague, I haven't tried to put two episodes of the same show back onto my TiVo, so I can't verify the folder question. But with Galleon, you can edit the show name, episode name, date, time and channel. I can only assume it would put it into a folder, but that is speculation.