mpeg 4 & tivo support

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ebertran, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ebertran

ebertran New Member

Jan 9, 2006

Advertisements

This is a question for those of you with MPEG4 Directv and Tivo... how do you do it?

What unit or receiver do you guys own? i want to upgrade up to Directv local channel HD, but I do not want to give up my tivo... what solutions are there?

I know that the H20 does not work with Tivo, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

2. ssandhoops

ssandhoops New Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Shiloh, Il
    I don't have an mpeg4 *D receiver yet but....If you want to record those HD Locals in high definition, there is no current solution. You must wait for the mpeg4 compatible HD DVR coming from *D sometime this year. You could send the output of the H20 into a standalone Tivo and record in standard definition but better off waiting for the new HD DVR.

3. HogarthNH

HogarthNH DirecTV Addict

Dec 28, 2001
    Somewhere, OK
    There are no solutions except watch live TV, record to a standalone DVR in SD, or wait.

H

4. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    As of right now, there are no plans or announcements for an DirecTV MPEG-4 TiVo powered DVR. The only DVR on the blocks is the HR20 due out in Q2/2006

5. andbye

andbye New Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Sacramento

Advertisements

It seems that the MPEG 4 H20 HD non-recording receiver is a replacement for such HD non-recording receivers as the Hughes E86 and the forthcoming HR 20-250 MPEG 4 HD DVR is the replacement for the HD TiVo HR 10-250. What will be the replacement for MPEG 2 Dtivos such as the DVR 40 and HDVR2. I would not want to swap a dtivo with recording capability for a non-recording H20 even if it is HD and MPEG4. Is MPEG 4 all HD only?

6. greywolf

greywolf New Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Evanston IL
    MPEG4 will be HD only for quite a while.