Moving to Chicago - does Xfinity work with Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by AZrob, Feb 3, 2021.

1. AZrob

AZrob Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ

Advertisements

Hi,
    I'm moving from a Cox site in Arizona to Comcast in Chicago. I have 1 Edge and 1 Roamio Pro. Is it possible to use my Tivo devices under Comcast in Chicago?

Thanks,
    Rob

2. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Yes, assuming you can get the tech to bring Cable Cards during the install or get them from an Xfinity store. It’s been a long time since I tried either but it shouldn’t be a problem.

3. dishrich

dishrich Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Yes, & you will NO longer have to deal with Tuning adapters, since Comcast has never used them. ;)
    HOWEVER, do be aware that there are several newer channels (mostly HD versions of SD channels) that are IP-only, & are viewable ONLY with Comcast's X1 boxes, or can be viewed on Roku & Firesticks.
    Here's an example of some of the IP-only channels:
    Comcast IP not QAM?

4. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    In terms of CableCARDs, Comcast has been a great company to work with over the years. They even have a dedicated CableCARD hotline ... (877) 405-2298.

krkaufman likes this.
  5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly

Advertisements

Won't that be the big question? Will they allow cable cards for new customers?

I'd probably call them now and see. Or try to set up service now and see what happens.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  6. AZrob

AZrob Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I did call them and they said that they would provide cable cards. But that is just one CSR and I frankly trust the info I get on this forum more...:)

7. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    krkaufman likes this.
  8. AntiPC

AntiPC Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 21, 2005
    Chicago,...
    I bought a Bolt in 2019, picked up a cable card at the Comcast store in Morton Grove, and called the number Comcast gave me to activate it. It was really no problem.

9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL