Moving to another city

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by aspexil, Jul 10, 2020.

1. aspexil

aspexil Member

Oct 16, 2015

Advertisements

We are going to be moving within the next month. And I seem to be search challenged today as no matter where I search I can't find instructions on what to do when we take our Tivo Bolt to a new city. Can someone help this old man out? I'll probably remain OTA at this point in time. TIA

2. mark1958

mark1958 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Central,...
    I'm only guessing but I think you will have to is (repeat guided setup) with your new zip code

aspexil likes this.
  3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Just re-run Guided setup to enter you new zip code.

After that is done, you will have to go through the tedious process of editing the channel list to select only the real channels that are available in your area - depending on where you are, that could be either a very short or long and painful process.

Once you have the channel list correct, you need to review your One-Passes to update any specific channels. Actually, I am not sure this last step is necessary; because, I have no idea if Guided Setup will wipe out your existing 1P list. But if they are not removed, most of them will probably be wrong unless you have them set them up to record from all channels.

aspexil likes this.