Moving and want HD

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by gsslug, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. gsslug

    gsslug New Member

    Dec 31, 2002
    Sacramento, CA


    I'm moving and will staying at a temporary location for about 6 weeks until my new house is ready. I know about DirecTv's moving service but would like to get the best deal I can. I'm currently month to month with no contract or obligation. I would like to get an HD tivo and HD service at my new home. I currently do not have HD. So a couple of questions.

    1. Should I get a HD tivo unit now if DT gives me a good deal or wait until the new units come out with mpeg4?

    2. If I get a HD tivo now what seems to be the best deals going?

    3. I have a 3 LNB oval dish. I once read a thread here, probably in 2004, where someone with a 3 LNB dish moved and left the dish only to have DT install a 1 LNB dish and refuse to install a 3 LNB dish. Should I take my dish?

    Any other suggestions?
  2. bpratt

    bpratt New Member

    Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    1. If you can receive local HD OTA in your location, I would buy the HD Tivo now. If not, wait.
    2. I think the only deal available now is $599 - $200 from D*.
    3. I would.
  3. indy

    indy New Member

    May 14, 2004
    Roseville, CA
    Keep in mind that DTV allows 2 "moves" within a 12 month period. I was faced with a similar situation last month. I figured that I would cash-in on move #1 to an apartment (had a triple LNB installed with a tri-pod), maintain my HD for the near term, and cash-in on move #2 to a more permenant residence later in my 12 month period.

    Plus, by that time, Sacramento will be up for the new equipment!

    Of course, the mover's connection requires a 1 year commitment.

Share This Page

spam firewall