Moving...Am I going to have to set up the cable card again?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by omelet1978, Dec 15, 2014.

1. omelet1978

omelet1978 Active Member

Mar 7, 2006

Advertisements

I'm moving to another unit in the same building I currently live in.

The initial cable card installation was incredibly painful with Comcast really not knowing what to do. Finally I had to get a tech guy to come out and after an hour they got it to work.

I'm not changing area codes or anything like that. Am I going to have to go through all of that again when I move?

Thanks

2. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    No, if you're in the same building then it's the same cable drop and node, and most importantly headend, so just unplug it and re plug when you move into your new apartment. Unless possibly if it's unplugged for a long time and loses its memory. How long will it be unplugged?

3. omelet1978

omelet1978 Active Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Maybe a day total

4. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    You should be fine. Just make sure not to remove the CableCard at all during the process. Simply pull the power to the unit when you're ready to move and store it. In your new place, you should be able to hook it back up and power it up without losing the CableCard pairing.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

I moved across town with mine and didn't have to re-pair them.

6. PKurmas

PKurmas Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Savannah GA
    I'm afraid the answer might be "yes". The CableCard will work fine, but at least in my area, Comcast cannot/will not change the address on an account -- even just an apartment number. They'll create a new account & the CableCard will have to be re-paired on the new account.