Moving a DirecTv receiver

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by pgsillig, Jul 11, 2007.

1. pgsillig

pgsillig New Member

Jul 11, 2007

Advertisements

Can DirecTv determine that I have moved a receiver from it's original locale to a new locale when I have a Tivo box also in the configuration, but have not moved it.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Where are you moving it to? I assume this is a standalone receiver connected to a standalone TiVo. If connected to the phone line and you move to a new locale with a different phone number, then yes they could determine the change (if they cared).

3. pgsillig

pgsillig New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I am moving it to another residence where I plan to install a satellite dish. I'm trying to avoid having to establsih a second DirecTv account as I rarely use the residence I want to move the reciever to.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    There's no need to establish another account. Just make the move and once the dish and receiver are installed, call DirecTV or use the online account to update your location.
    Or if you plan to move the receiver between the two residences, just don't connect the phone line in the secondary place.

5. pgsillig

pgsillig New Member

Jul 11, 2007

Advertisements

thanks

6. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    With Directv, you can have units installed at one location, and have the Billing address a different one.

Just call them and talk to them about it. Nothing wrong woth a simple phone call is there? :D