Movies Page from local library?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Greg Stephens, May 11, 2020.

1. Greg Stephens

Greg Stephens New Member

May 10, 2020
    The Movies page shows sources including Netflix and Amazon Prime. Is there anyway to bring my local content into the Movies page? Direct SMB mount, Kodi, MX Player?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    No

Edit: Let me elaborate... people asked for this years ago when Plex was first released and one of the guys at TiVo explained that all the data for OnePass comes from a central set of data and that there is no way for them to pull the collections of hundreds of thousands of users into that system so each could be served a custom set of data. And if they had to poll the system for data every time the list was loaded then it would be slow and would likely overwhelm their servers.

Now maybe something has changed on this new device, but I doubt it.

3. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    So misread this title and thought it was about a public libraries. In which case, I don't think there is an OverDrive app for Android TV. @Dan203, have you tried to sideload OverDrive yet?

4. cybergrimes

cybergrimes Legend

Jun 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    There's a Hoopla app

5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I thought it was a out his public library as well

6. cybergrimes

cybergrimes Legend

Jun 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    Back on topic, you could get like Plex or Emby results in the voice search but not sure we would ever see full on content in the TiVo apps movie section