Movies Anywhere warning: UV rights not porting from MA

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by krkaufman, Oct 20, 2017.

1. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

Just wanted to post an alert that the porting behavior has changed, at least temporarily, for MA- and UV-eligible titles that are purchased or redeemed through a MA retailer other than VUDU.

Per Fofer and various posts on Blu-ray.com, it appears that a combo MA-/UV-eligible title purchased or redeemed via a MA retailer or portal other than VUDU *will* port to VUDU, as MA rights would dictate; however, as of Thursday, Oct. 19th, the title will NOT then port via UV to your UV library.

As of now, such mixed rights titles would need to be redeemed on VUDU for the title to port to both MA and UV. Hopefully this is a short-term glitch, especially for those pursuing iTunes 4K upgrades.

p.s. h/t to @Fofer for alerting on this

2. dslunceford

dslunceford Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2000
    No. VA/D.C.
    Interesting. In MyUV, Matchstick Men is listed as my newest purchase, even though it shows as January 2013 in details (as SD)...Think it was a free title.

War for Planet of the Apes, which I redeemed this morning, shows as my oldest purchase, but again, in the details/movie screen, it has the add date correct.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The fact that it did that initially seemed like a glitch. This seems more like the fix. I doubt this behavior will change back.

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see which way it goes, and especially if those MA/UV titles that ported from MA through to UV, via VUDU, after the initial connection will have their UV rights rolled-back.

Personally, I'm more surprised that purchases/redemptions in secondary UV accounts or via non-VUDU portals are still porting through to the MA account linked to the main VUDU account. I had expected that only MA-eligible titles directly purchased or redeemed via the MA-linked VUDU account would port. Fingers crossed.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

I'm sure they're probably working on a fix for that loophole too.

krkaufman likes this.
  6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, given that these "secondary" UV acquisitions appear to be dated 1/1/1970 on the MA transaction history concerns me, as a possible indication that they weren't planned for as being in-scope.