Movie was 2 hours, not 4

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarleyRandom, Aug 25, 2019.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

I don't know whether this was a listing problem. I went back and looked at how the movie was listed after watching and it said 1 hour 53 minutes, which must have been the running time in theaters. The actual running time on the TV station is never listed. The recording was 4 hours but the movie was over after 2.

2. jim8650

jim8650 Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    that happened to me once with my Roamio OTA...strange

3. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    Do you have auto padding for live events? I could see that the movie got incorrectly flagged as live so it was padded

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Nope, it pops up occasionally on 2 hour movies, they say they're a 4 hr recording, I've had it happen 3 or 4 times int eh past year, it's very weird.

5. MikeBear

MikeBear Letting my mind wander, luring it back with candy.

May 21, 2015
    Mid-Michigan

Advertisements

I've now had this happen on some tv show recordings on my Roamio Basic being used as OTA only. 1 hour show will show as 2 to 4 hours, 30 second skip acts oddly, but works, show ends after its true time of 1 hour. Real odd, but I think it's something caused by the broadcasted tv signal itself being "off" in some way for those recordings, which miscues the Tivo. I am not running Hydra.

6. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I've had two mystery situations in the past week. I told the Roamio to record a rerun of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" just in case I hadn't seen it. I ended up with the last 30 minutes of something called "iHeart Jingle Ball" followed by the show I intended to record, which came on when it was supposed to.

I don't know whether it was incorrect in the listings but WGN America showed the movie "We bought a zoo" (normally listings show capitalization correctly but not in this case). The recording was 3 hours. The movie seemed ready to end after 2:30 and, in fact, it did. "Married … with Children" was next but I didn't need to see that.

7. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Did you tell the TiVo box to make the recording while the show you wanted already had started and you already were tuned to it on one of your tuners? In that case, the TiVo box goes to the buffer for the pre-exiting content, and the buffer may have some data from before the show had started.