Moved CableCARD to new TiVo, re-paired. Now three channels work, one doesn't

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ah30k, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006

Advertisements

Title edit - I meant three tuners work. Not three channels work.

I had my old Premier die from a lightning strike. After giving the streaming services a try I decided to buy a new Bolt.

I inserted the CableCARD and called Verizon to pair the host/card. Went through the Guided Setup and when I was done I find that three channels work but one is V53 errors.

SNR is 36/37/36/37.

Any experience with this out there??

Thanks,

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    You need to clarify. Do you mean on one tuner you can't tune to ANY channel and on the other tuners you can tune to ALL channels? If that is the case, to be sure, restart the box and all tuners will be on the same channel, then see if one doesn't tune in. If it doesn't, you'll need to return the box.

3. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    One tuner can't tune anything, others tune everything. Tried rebooting and even a repeat GS. Verizon supposedly re-paired and sent reset signals.

4. dhoward

dhoward Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Is this the same card that was in the Premier that got taken out by lightning? If so then it was probably damaged also. Even if it was not try getting another cable card.

fcfc2 likes this.
  5. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006

Advertisements

Swapped out the CableCARD with a new one from Verizon. Same problem. Support had me go through the usual gymnastics and even mentioned that I should try up to 5 CableCARDs to which I said NO.

Finally agreed to return it but would only give me a refurb in its place. I told her that I would instead be returning under the 30 day (or whatever the limit is) return policy for full refund. I didn't want a refurb when one day earlier I had purchased a brand new one.

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Sorry to hear that, but it's what I suspected. I wonder if TiVo is smart enough to test your return thoroughly before sending it out as a refurb after a quick test.