Move a program from one to another?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tim_ver, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tim_ver

tim_ver New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Is there a way to move a recorded show on one of my Tivo series 2 units to another of my Tivo series 2 units? They are both LAN connected also.

Thanks

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    MRV is native to the TiVo. As long as both units are in the same account (meaning they have the same MAK), each TiVo will appear as a folder in the NPL of the other.

3. tim_ver

tim_ver New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    ok, got it Media access key.

One is in my name and other someone gave me as they are using the cable companies dvr now so is in their name. Is this ok or do I need to get with Tivo to update something?

Thanks

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    BOTH Tivos needs to be on your tivo.com account, with DVR Preferences checked for TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS on each box, MUST have the SAME Media Access key on all Tivo Boxes.

So, if a box you possess is not on your own tivo.com account, you need to call Tivo Customer service (800-367-8486) to have the Tivo box moved to your account or you will not be able to transfer at all.

5. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Well, not directly. One could kludge the thing by runnning two copies of kmttg and pyTiVo, transferring first to the server and then to the other TiVo, but I definitely recommend contacting TiVo to get them moved to a single account.