Most annoying Amazing Race team ever?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by FourFourSeven, Nov 30, 2005.

Who's the most annoying TAR Team ever?

1. Colin and Christie (TAR 5)

10 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Freddy and Kendra (TAR 6)

8 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. HWSNBN and Victoria (TAR 6)

98 vote(s)
    39.5%
  4. Rob and Amber (TAR 7)

21 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Weaver Family (TAR: Family Edition)

97 vote(s)
    39.1%
  6. Other (Please specify below)

14 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    After reading the "who do you want to win" poll, and seeing that one team is far and away everyone's least favorite, I thought it was time to create a poll of "most annoying team ever." If you vote "other", please note who the other team is below. Note that I'm focusing more on the recent TAR seasons, as those are the ones I've seen...

2. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I'm assuming HWSNBN is Jonathon. That's who came to my mind first. What does HWSNBN stand for?

3. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Weavers mostly since they're the most recent. Overall, If I really think back, I think Freddy and Kendra were the worst, mostly since they are as a COUPLE the most unlikeable. In HWSNBNs case, he was horrible she was not. I didn't hate Colin and Christie near as much in the repeats. He was intense but in general was pretty nice to Christie.

4. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    He who shall not be named. We could just call him Lord Voldemort instead. ;-)

5. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I have go to go with Flo and Zach from AR3. Zach wasn't all that annoying, but Flo was annoying enough for both of them. What made it even worse is that they won.

6. Sapphire

Sapphire Xtal substance

Sep 9, 2002
    USA
    ROb and ambuh. Hands down.

7. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    While people disliked Romber, you have to admit, she is easy on the eyes......

8. Chippy

Chippy Member

Sep 30, 2002
    My vote is for Flo & Zach, for the reasons Azlen stated above. She will forever be my most hated reality show contestant.

9. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I only tried to watch TAR one season at the urging of my brother. I quit watching because there was a brother and sister team and the sister worshipped the brother. Went way beyond creepy and seemed borderline incestuous. Ewwwwww.

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I voted HWSNBN. I really didn't find any of the others annoying at all. Well, except for Weavers, of course, but I think HE was worse.

I may be in the minority, but I actually rooted for Colin and Christie and Rob and Amber. And while Kendra made a couple of "ugly-American" comments, I didn't find the team to be annoying overall. Plus she was really hot. ;)

11. TeeSee

TeeSee Tiiin ROOF. Rusted!

Jan 16, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Victoria was by no means an angel, even if she wasn't as bad as Jonathan. Who is? But to call them "annoying" is being far too kind.

Flo was by far the most annoying single racer in the history of this game, IMO. But Zach was a saint. I can't vote for a team that he's on but I can't NOT vote for a team that she's on. Ack!

12. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    What, you didn't like Team Smiley? :D

...Blake and Paige.

13. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    It changes every time I think about it.

Right now, I'm going with the Guidos.

14. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    The ones I'm thinking of were black. Looking at ABC's website for TAR I think it is Tramel and Talicia from season 3.

15. kjnorman

kjnorman Enjoying being a Dad

Jun 21, 2002
    Chicagoland
    It was a hard choice between He Who Should Not be Named and the Weavers. But in the end I had to go for HWSNBN, with the Weavers a close second....

16. GBL

GBL covert opiniative

Apr 20, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    The Weavers, hands down; after all, there's FOUR of them!

17. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Agreed that those two teams should be far ahead of the others. HWSNBN is the single most annoying contestant but the Weavers as a whole are pretty annoying as a team.

In the end, I voted for the Weavers but only because they have been annoying me more recently. HWSNBN was probably more annoying though. He nearly ruined the entire season all by himself. And his doormat Victoria didn't help matters much with all her screeching and crying.

Flo was annoying, but at least I could laugh at her. And she actually seemed to be well-liked by the other contestants when she wasn't actually, you know, racing. I couldn't even laugh at HWSNBN because he was so off the charts horrible and seemed to be horrible even during the pit stops.

18. Bill Reeves

Bill Reeves Lurker

Jul 17, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    I agree -- HWSNBN was not fun to watch. I think Victoria deserves some contempt here as well, he was clearly abusive towards her and she enabled him by staying with him and defended him.

I don't think the Weavers are as bad as HWSNBN and Victoria -- here's why.

There's two separate things about the Weavers which are annoying.

1. The faux Christianity they profess to believe. This has been covered in the episode threads, but the summary is that while they may believe they have been saved by Jesus, they don't seem to be too interested in following His example for living their lives. This is annoying, but doesn't really impact other people.

2. They don't seem to be interacting well with other people. It's like they're the homeschooled kids who never got the social interaction that the other teams got, so they don't know how to interact with people who aren't like them.

Example: Kid Weaver is batting, one of the Linzes says "hey batter," just like all of us dealt with in Little League, and mama Weaver says "hey, that's not appropriate" -- no, it's just fine, it's good natured and it's how most humans who have grown up in America interact when dealing with the sport of baseball.

Maybe you guys went to college with one of those homeschooled kids who didn't know how to interact with people. I had one in my class -- smart guy, he just didn't know how to take a hint when he wasn't wanted, so he was an annoying pest, and wound up a social outcast. Nobody wanted anything to do with him. I think that's how the other teams are treating the Weavers.

(Apologies to all you homeschoolees out there who are well adjusted, normal people.)

So I wouldn't rate the Weavers down below HWSNBN. The Weavers aren't evil or sick, they're just working under different social rules than the rest of the teams.

19. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Same here, but those are actually some pretty good poll choices.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Ben & Emma's Mommy

Jun 18, 2005
    I voted for Jonathon and Victoria, but I really didn't find her to be as annoying as him! Except it was annoying how she let him belittle her like that on TV in front of millions of viewers. :eek: