More to Love - Full Season - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sushikitten, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2009 #1 of 47
    sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...

Advertisements

To be honest, I have never watched any other version of the Bachelor(ette) - ever. But I have to say if they are at all like this one, I made the right decision in NOT watching. (We are only watching this one because, well, let's just say hubby likes the women on there. I've not watched in the past because I don't need any more reality TV to get hooked on, LOL.)

I can certainly empathize with all the weight issues, but my heavens what a bunch of emotional drama queens. All the crying and variations of "THIS IS MY ONLY/LAST CHANCE FOR LOVE..." Gag me. Talk about desperation. Hopefully Luke never sees all that footage otherwise he'd send a bunch packing on the spot.

All that said, I definitely have my favorites, and most of the ones I didn't like at all went home. Pool girl (I don't know names yet) is definitely an attention whore - I liked her before that moment. The young (21 I think) girl in green, who looked about 16 with the pony tail on the back of her head, drove me insane. Other then looking and acting SO young...way too entirely desperate. Girl, you are 21. You have plenty of time - this guy/show isn't your last hope. :rolleyes:

I just don't know what to think about this show...or if we will keep watching. It really was hard to watch. Embarrassing even.

2. Aug 1, 2009 #2 of 47
    YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I couldn't agree more. I don't watch the Bachelor(ette) and I had exactly the same thoughts. Have a little self-confidence...jeez. I mean, I don't have a lot myself, but you'd never have found me crying and saying those things on TV.

There are men who dig larger chicks. You just have to look in the right places!

Don't know if I'll watch it very long myself. I actually watched it because I was interested to see what the larger women were wearing to dress up-something I always have issues with.

3. Aug 1, 2009 #3 of 47
    sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    YMMV. I think only about three of them looked decent. :eek:

4. Aug 1, 2009 #4 of 47
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'm not certain what brand of morbid curiosity brought me to watch this show, as I've never watched any of the bachelor-type shows, but I was surprised that I didn't totally want my 42 minutes back.

The guy, pudgy but kind of cute, represented himself as a nice guy. He seemed sweet and sincere. Then they brought in the babes and he got slimy and sleazy to me. I mean, I'm extremely open-minded and not AT ALL easily offended, but he seemed creepy after a while with the girls.

5. Aug 1, 2009 #5 of 47
    rondotcom

rondotcom I Like To Watch

Feb 12, 2005

Advertisements

"THe Bache-large"

6. Aug 2, 2009 #6 of 47
    MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Sounds like every other dating-reality-game show I've ever seen. :) I guess the producers of them think it heightens the drama if everyone on them comes across as totally desperate...

7. Aug 4, 2009 #7 of 47
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    This show was *EXACTLY* The Bachelor.

In the very first few minutes, I knew it *had* to have been done by Mike Fleiss (brother of the Hollywood Madam), or at least licensed. Yup, he was in the credits. I guess he owns the rights to the shows he produces, or else ABC would be suing them.

8. Aug 5, 2009 #8 of 47
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I understand some have dubbed it the "Fat-chelor" :p :D

As an overweight woman myself, I am watching this with interest-and geez! Some of the women really need to stop being so down on themselves-they sound like Ellie Mae Clampett worried about marrying before age 20 lest she become an old maid! :( This is not your last chance, ladies-if necessary, get some counseling to understand why you don't love yourself-(as I am doing)- then you can engage in a healthy relationship...man, did it just get heavy in here? No pun intended...or was it? ;)

9. Aug 5, 2009 #9 of 47
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    +1

My wife is a size 14. And she wears it well. Some people say she doesn't even look like she is. When I met her (13 years ago) she was a size 10 and full of confidence. Sure the weight gain has diminished her self-esteem a little, but she's still attractive to me 'cause of the way she carries herself.

Back to the show...he should have never given the black girl a ring. She professed her love too soon and keeping her, to me, is leading her on. The longer he keeps her around the more crushed she'll be when he eliminates her. And trust me, he'll eliminate her.

10. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    And oh, what a delightful train wreck it will be!

11. Pralix

Pralix Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Train Wreck defines the whole series.

12. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Whats the deal with showing their weights?

13. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    And this continues to be a hilarious train wreck. The crier (blubberer?), Melissa, really needs to go. She can't even blink without crying. Last night she started crying because they were told their "group date" would be at a pool and to come wearing your bathing suit! Now, as a big girl myself I agree that wouldn't be my idea of a great first date...but to cry about it?

The other girl (black frizzy hair) really needs to go, too. She's sooooo in love with Luke already. (Well, cripes, half of them say that.)

I know the girls are there to win, but I didn't like whatsherface telling Luke who should go home. Saying that one girl was old enough to be his mother? (Hello, she was older, but only 11 years, not quite old enough to be his mom.)

I only like a few of the girls, and it would be fun to find out that Luke only really liked a few of them as well, and was just making it look hard to cut girls each week. :)

14. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Gawd these poor women are so desperate! They are throwing themselves at him and have zero self esteem. Many have said they have never had a date.
    And Luke seems almost predatory to me. He has targeted the weakest of the herd. He is taking advantage of these women who would do anything for a man. He kisses every single one.

15. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    aawww, Luke sent the "Caberet Entertainer" a.k.a. Stripper home.

anyway this show is gonna be a repeat every week with the same ole boohoo poor me stories repeated over and over.

16. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Wasn't a train wreck but the poor girl was pretty devastated. As I said in my previous post, he just led her leaving her there so long. But no wonder he got rid of her, he's meeting the families next.

17. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I forgot to come post. We were happy with all three sent home the last time. I'm still not sure if I have a favorite at this point, but I certainly know who I don't like. :)

18. tetspa

tetspa New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I predict the show will not be renewed. Too much "drama" with the women. In the traditional Batchelor series, you didn't really feel too badly about the women rejected because you knew that they would get plenty of attention after the show. Being on the show helped the women by getting them "exposure" (with the exception of the occasional nutjob). On this show, because it tended to show the women crying so much and all the "drama" candid scenes, you really have to wonder if these women won't ever recover from being rejected.

I also think the guy (Luke) is phoning in some of the dialogue. "How do you like our castle?" sounded like a guy talking to his 5-year-old daughter. In fact, most of the dates "sound" (if you just listen to the dialogue) like 2 pre-teenagers on their first date. "This is a nice place". "I like it here". And food has a major theme in every episode.

19. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    Not to sound mean, but she seemed kinda unstable to me all along. And that makes me wonder how 'real' this reality show is. I mean, it's not unheard of for producers to make decisions for the contestants if it means the show will be 'good t.v.'. I wonder if they made Luke keep her around for the drama, and he finally told them to stick it and sent her packing. I would have been afraid of her really. Just too......everything. And let me say that I have nothing against her size at all, being a male of well over 300 lbs. myself, therefore having no room to criticize anyone's size. I actually thought she was sorta cute, but just scary otherwise.

20. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Good lord. I hate that this show portrays most larger women as sobbing and insecure.

I'm probably the least secure person with my size that I know, and even I wouldn't go on a show and blubber like some of these women are.

Just be confident. And if you're not, fake it.