more than one zip code allowed for guide?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by arizonabuck1, Dec 15, 2011.

1. arizonabuck1

arizonabuck1 New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I have a premier and I'm using it for over the air reception. I'm in phoenix and am getting stations in tucson. is there a way to put in more than one zip code so I can get the tucson stations on the guide? thanks.

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    IIRC, during guided set up for OTA, the Tivo will "scan" for any and all signals/stations it is capable of receiving. Fairly certain it will be able to get guide data for any stations it is able to tune, and add to the lineup.

3. 9300170

9300170 Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    You must be in south Chandler and have a massive antenna. I could never receive Tucson channels when I lived in Phoenix.

Submit a channel request to TiVo. They will update your zip code with those channels. I've done it here in Connecticut for stations in Rhode Island and Mass that I receive that are officially outside of my DMA.

4. arizonabuck1

arizonabuck1 New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    dwit, only puts in guide data for the zip code. 9300170, actually I'm in north phoenix and I'm not really using any special antenna. some of tucson stations most be sent with really high power because messing around and turning the antenna in the opposite direction, we still pulled in the tucson station..........how do I send a channel request?