More Frontier BS

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by naranja, Aug 7, 2019.

1. naranja

naranja Member

Jan 7, 2005

Advertisements

I thought it might be more useful posting here rather than updating my post in the Bolt forum.

I ordered a single cable card for an existing Frontier account in North Texas. They quoted $5.99 a month and I very emphatically confirmed there would be no other changes to my account. The email confirmation included a set top box and the "FiOS TV Quantum Enhanced Experience" for an additional $20/mo. I immediately canceled , Frontier shipped anyway, I refused delivery, and it returned to sender.

I started an FCC Complaint for good measure (10 days later no response yet).

My third call, after lots of rigmarole: "everything's fixed you'll get a prorated charge that will be reversed the following month". Checking online I see only the cable card was canceled...

Fourth call, lots more back and forth then finished with: "when you make a change to a grandfathered plan you must adopt our new policies... new policies require you to have a Frontier DVR".

They transferred me to Retentions. They removed everything which I confirmed by checking my orders online. I asked them what my future charges would be and it matched my last bill. This all took several hours and of course might not be over yet. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the responses to my other post and all the good information here. The FCC links for cable card rights and complaint page were especially helpful. I didn't really need the additional Tivo anyway and am using it over the air for now. Cheers

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Mikeguy likes this.
  2. miketx

miketx Active Member

Sep 22, 2005
    I just cut the cord with Frontier today. Had them for 6+ years (back to when it was Verizon Fios). Never really had any big problems, but I called earlier this week (3 times) for them to cut me a better deal, and they just kept falling flat. I finally called up Spectrum and had them install internet for me (no TV...I'm OTA now), and I called Frontier today to cancel. THEN they made a last ditch deal play...free month and drop my bill by $20/month. I said nope, you guys had that chance earlier this week.

I know Spectrum is not any better, but the price is. I can always switch back in the future. Their provision system totally screwed up my order.....doing a truck roll this afternoon to give me a new modem (current one works, but is only half provisioned in their system due to a screwup). But seems to work ok.

3. naranja

naranja Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I had the same experience a couple of months ago, threatening to switch doesn't do the trick anymore. My rate was still good enough to stick with Frontier. I will probably also go internet only with Spectrum if Frontier doesn't restore my account. I think Spectrum has a 30 day guarantee so easy enough to switch back if Frontier makes an offer you can't refuse or you find you just can't live without some of the channels.